Fobus paddle holster video

This is a discussion on Fobus paddle holster video within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like Fobus paddle holsters for what they are. BUT....check out this quick vid. Kinda' makes you think... Arthur http://media.putfile.com/gungrab-fobus...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fobus paddle holster video

I like Fobus paddle holsters for what they are. BUT....check out this quick vid.
    Kinda' makes you think... Arthur

http://media.putfile.com/gungrab-fobus

Distinguished Member
    wow, that looked too easy! wonder if they set that up? I dont have a spare one to try it!

Yes sir! Not cool.

This is one of the many reasons why I carry IWB and I don't sport a Fobus or anything like it.

In the defense of the holster the video would not be acurate in most cases as the rig would be concealed. Out in the open IMO is asking for something like that to happen.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

wouldn't play for me

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Reminds you to always be aware of your surroundings, you never know who will make you and try to take your piece.
    Curry

Everyone has their own idea's on this. We tried to take a Fobus apart at the local gun shop. We couldn't do it! I'm not saying that you can't, but that particular holster was pretty tough.....

Now if we put it in a vise

Administrator

Angry Let Me Get Back On My SoapBox

If you own a Fobus paddle holster...shoot bullets at it and go buy yourself a real concealed carry holster.
    Buy a holster from any one of our forum member makers & you will be so much happier. It will be money very well spent.
    And....as an added bonus you won't look like you have a giant black plastic tumor growing out of your midsection.

It is also possible to be running and you can bump or catch your holster on any solid obstruction and it will shear the holster right off the paddle and you'll be gun less. I know this for a fact.

Just my opinion that the ONLY thing they have going for them is that they are cheap...and that ain't sayin' very much positive.

I have several fobus holsters, they're great for carrying around the range. They are cheap, and they make them to fit just about anything. I have one for just about every handgun I own (all that they make one for, anyway). It's an easy on/easy off firearm 'holder' for range use. They work perfectly for this purpose.

I can't imagine using one for CCW. Aside from the retention problems, you'd have to be wearing a trench coat to conceal it!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerjh
    wow, that looked too easy! wonder if they set that up? I dont have a spare one to try it!

I sacrificed my Fobus paddle during a retention drill.

My "attacker" ripped it right the hell off me in about two seconds.

Administrator

Ok Ok

Let me change that.
    For the range...go buy one because they are cheap.
    Or...buy one to "open carry" with it in your house...because they are cheap.

For serious Concealed Carry & "life in the real world" they are horrible.

Just my opinion on that.

Feel free to disagree.

Assistant Administrator
    Well I guess the vid was set up yes but it does show how a rotational force applied briskly will almost for sure separate holster from paddle.

I used one early on for P95 - but soon upgraded to better things. So old rig rarely used but would suffice for range duty.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    wouldn't play for me

Oldie but goodie. Here's a summary:

Dude has Fobus OWB on.

Friend runs up and with a violent and decisive motion literally snaps the holster body from the paddle platform, taking with it the weapon in said holster.

If I remember correctly, it took about a second to rip the holster in half.

Practicality of that actually happening in real life: You have a better chance of turning gay. I am so sure someone would let someone get that close to their weapon, armed sheep or not.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Re the Vid...That's EXACTLY what I tell Customers about those types of products.....Fobus/Mikes types......you REALLY want it?? buy it.. then watch somebody grab your weapon when you least expect it!
    I always explain to them about all their options and try to get them to purchase a quality holster, to hold the weapon more securly, and if they feel the holster is ........well what they exactly want........well.....you know the drill........just my .02 worth..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

The thought that someone is going to grab your concealed Fobus holster and rip it off is foolish, and just something that some instructors like to do to show their expertise.

First, how does one know that you are even wearing a gun?
    Second, what do they think you will be doing while they are grabbing? Some folks carry a knife and it would do a lot of damage to anyone grabbing the holster.

I have used Fobus paddles for at least 6 or 7 years. I like them for a range holster and also sometimes carry one when I am in a hurry.
    They do not come off easily, and if someone grabbed at mine I would put a fist in his nose. Since the word is CONCEALED I do not think that will ever be a problem.

I also have holsters by Brommeland, DelFattai, Sparks, Andrews, and Kramer. But I still like my Fobus paddles at times.

I might add that in the years that I have had them I have easily drawn from them 30,000 times with no problems.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM
    if someone grabbed at mine I would put a fist in his nose.
    ...and they would end up with your gun.

Mine was not ripped off at the paddle, it was ripped right in half down the outer peiece of plastic. The rivets held, the plastic failed.

The conclusion is that IF someone got their hand on your gun while it was in a fobus paddle, they could pretty easily get it away from you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links