"Dress Belt questions

This is a discussion on "Dress Belt questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My work requires me to look sharp on a daily basis. While a coat is technically required, 98 % of the time the coat is ...

Thread: "Dress Belt questions

"Dress Belt questions

My work requires me to look sharp on a daily basis. While a coat is technically required, 98 % of the time the coat is off.

I am looking to buy some new belts for work. I have a beltman 1 1/2 black leather I like, which fits the loops on my pants, but I don't think it looks dressy enough for work attire. I'm thinking it may be the size, the lack of shine, stitching on the front, or combo.

I was really hoping the size wasnt the culprit, as all my holsters are equipped with 11/2 size loops, but a survey of my dress belt collection reveals all of them are small in width.

I was also curious as to what material would be best for this use, which is mainly "looks." I know, its personal preference but your thoughts will help. beltman offers bull, horse, shark and elephant. I want a belt that is classy but not flashy.

As for the stitching, it looks like its not an optional item from the beltman. Maybe I should consider it a fashion element, or maybe another maker would be better, I'm not sure.

That's my ramble, please give me your thoughts.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I would suggest a Milt Sparks belt. I don't personally have one, but know a few who do. I've heard it said that a Beltman looks like a "nice gun belt". But a Milt Sparks looks like a"dress belt for guns". Check them out and see what you think.

Let us know too.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I also would recommend Milt Sparks. The PG, pebble grain finish, option looks like shark at no added cost. The 1.25" belt would be plenty dressy enough.

Regards,
    Jerry

A few weeks ago I bought a belt from "The Glockstore" .. It is carbon fiber reinforced and seems to be holding up good. (only two weeks) .. It was only $35 so I'm not expecting much, but I just couldn't wait for "The Beltman" to make it and take 40days to do so,. This belt looks nice, so I would check it out at least.. First sign of wear or sag on this belt I'll be calling up and ordering a good belt,.

have you tried Amish leather belts? They are all over eBay. I did order a harness for my dog from one of them. It was a work of art.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Links