To those with MTAC's

This is a discussion on To those with MTAC's within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey guys... first of all, this is my firts post. i frequent other forums but am new here. here is my question i use my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those with MTAC's

To those with MTAC's

hey guys... first of all, this is my firts post. i frequent other forums but am new here.

here is my question i use my MTAC with spare bodies for all my pistols, i have a SA XD45C, a SA XD9SC, and a taurus pt1911 (very modded)... has anyone removed the rubber bushings where the belt clips meet the leather of the holster? when i have my holster in the bottom of the belt clips stick out it kinda presses against my pants. i don't care about it printing it's just not entirely comfortable. i have some spare screws (the short ones) and am going to take the bushings out and use the shorter screws. just wondering if anyone has done the same.

2. Remove Ads

First off, welcome to DC!

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. I too use an MTAC and am familiar with the bottom of the clips poking out a bit and printing. No one will ever notice. If the bottom of the belt clips are poking you instead of your pants, I don't see how removing the rubber bushings is gonna change that.

Furthermore, I think I have read of folks who have cut off the excess portion of the clips. This would seem to be a potentially better solution to your problem IMO.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Welcome JD, can't say that I've even considered removing the bushings. They give me room to tuck my shirt and to un-tuck quickly if needed. If your clips are printing through have you tried looser fitting pants?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

well the issue is i have a pretty decent sized "badonkadonk" haha... so the clips press OUT onto my jeans and it in turn minimizes the free space between the holster and my leg (makes it feel tight) i'll see if i can get some picstures tonight.

here's a teaser!

thanks for the welcomes!

Now with truglo TFO's

also, how do you have you guys' set up (what holes ont he clips) and what gun do you keep in it?

Welcome to DC!
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

thx!

I know what you mean about the clips pressing outwards. I have been planning to cut them off... just want to hold out for a bit longer to insure I have the cant in the best possible position before I cut them. My suit coat covers them so no problem one way or the other... Just plan to chop them so I dont print if I take of my coat.

Oh and welcome....

Yep, took out the old dremel tool and cut the puppies off and just like that no more problem with them sticking out
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Yep, took out the old dremel tool and cut the puppies off and just like that no more problem with them sticking out

Same here. I cannot take a pic. I have no camera but I just waited until I was sure of where I wanted my clip positions and then I just clipped them off and used sandpaper to smooth the cut edges.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

My clips press outward too. It doesn't really bother me since I wear my clothes a bit baggy. Sounds like everyone has this issue...

Just got my MTAC today for my Glock 36. It took me a while to get used to it, wore it on my jeans and a polo at 5:30. I am really thin for my height 6'2" 176 lbs and the gun was concealed really well. I could draw really fast and reholstering was a breeze.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

New to posting here!
    Great forum.
    I am Left handed and CC a SA XD40SC. I have a custom shoulder holster that works well, two Riding Vests with custom pockets/holsters made of velcro (pictures soon) What I am looking for is a holster that I can wear with light sport jacket and or a tucked in casual business dress.
    This little 40 (fairly wide and heavy) fits me well in SOB but I haven't been able to find a holster (to try) Does the Mtac work well (seems it would) Rt hand for a lefty?? adjusted for cant?

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrachop View Post
    New to posting here!
    Great forum.
    I am Left handed and CC a SA XD40SC. I have a custom shoulder holster that works well, two Riding Vests with custom pockets/holsters made of velcro (pictures soon) What I am looking for is a holster that I can wear with light sport jacket and or a tucked in casual business dress.
    This little 40 (fairly wide and heavy) fits me well in SOB but I haven't been able to find a holster (to try) Does the Mtac work well (seems it would) Rt hand for a lefty?? adjusted for cant?

Thanks,

Tim
    The MTAC is availalble in left handed version as well as right hand.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

scroll down to the ordering options and you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrachop View Post
    New to posting here!
    Great forum.

Thanks,

Tim
    I have an MTAC for every firearm I carry. You'll never be sorry.

I have 4 Mtacs I use them with most every carry gun I have. I had some issues with the Kydex belt clips, I set them in the top hole as to raise the presentation and hold the pistol butt tight to my side, the clips stuck down and printed, I cut them off thru the third hole and smoothed them out round witha Dremel tool. This worked well for me and made installing the holster much easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links