Crossout for Kimber CDP Compact in holsters?

This is a discussion on Crossout for Kimber CDP Compact in holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for an OWB holster for my new CDP Compact. Being left-handed, it limits the choices a little, and I find that many holster ...

Thread: Crossout for Kimber CDP Compact in holsters?

I'm looking for an OWB holster for my new CDP Compact. Being left-handed, it limits the choices a little, and I find that many holster dealers have limited choices (a good number, but not all of their offereings) directly for the Kimber.

Is there an exact crossout for my Kimber I can look for? That is, would a holster for a Colt Commander, a Para or something similar be an exact fit? I would be cautious in doing something like this unless I knew for sure it would be a good fit.

Please let me know, but only if you are sure, not just speculating.

Thanks

Favorites: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier."
    Admiral Gary Roughead, CNO: "I never, ever, want to see my sailors or Marines in a fair fight."

Nice choice -- I have a Classic CDP II and an Ultra CDP II (my EDC weapon).

My usual holster is either a Supertuck or a Milt Sparks VMII -- but for OWB use, I have a Fobus Paddle and a couple different leather Galcos (belt pancake holsters) -- they're all good, but they all have their purpose.

You'll want something that's made for that barrel size - I think the Commander is the fit you want - but in some cases, they sell them specifically for Kimbers - check the holster description carefully.

b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

I use the Don Hume 721 OT. It is designed well as a high-ride holster and pulls the grip of the gun into your ribs so it doesn't bulge out much. I wear a columbia or magellan shirt over it and it vanishes.

Fist will make anything you need and for any hand...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Your Kimber, as wells as Springfields, Wilsons and others, has a 4" barrel. The Colt Commander, and others like it, has a 4.25" barrel. For an OWB holster there is no practical difference in using the Commander holster with your gun; the fit and function will be perfect. I trade guns around from time to time, and sometimes have a Commander and sometimes a 4" gun, so I buy all my holsters to fit the 4.25" guns so I can use them with any gun that I happen to have.

If you're going to have the holster custom made then go ahead and order it for a 4" 1911, as all the custom makers can accomodate both sizes and that way it will be an esthetically perfect fit. But most of the factory production holsters are made to fit the 4.25" guns as well as the 4" guns, that way they only have to make one size. If you find a 4.25" Commander holster that you like and it's in stock then buy it and don't worry.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Sponsored Links