Defensive Carry banner

Paddle holsters are bad?

11K views 34 replies 30 participants last post by  JerryM 
#1 ·
Ive head hearsay that paddle holsters are the devil. Whats up with that? They're really comfortable....so its kinda tempting.

#31 ·
I have a Galco CCP for my G23, it wa smy first holster...It does ok if you do your job with clothing and whatnot. But my OWB and IWB do much better. I also have a Blade-Tech paddle that does a better job concealing than any other paddle I have had, and i have had a few. Paddle holsters are best suited for Plainclothes LEO and those who OC. Get youa good IWB or well built OWB.

#32 ·
I remember well the debate that raged over at the former Packing.org over that Fobus video, so much so that me and a friend tried the same thing with my Fobus paddle holstering my 1911 carry gun (see my avatar) which was considerably heavier than the glock pictured in the youtube video. You would have thought this would make the snatch all the easier, but my friend could not yank the holster free despite repeated tries. Since I am around 250, and so was my friend, I would say that we made for a pretty good test for the Fobus....

we had videotaped this and emailed it to several posters on Packing, but some thought we were fibbing so we just left it at that.....

#35 ·
HI edr9x23super,

I appreciate knowing this. I have always though the video was hokey, and not realistic for a couple of reasons.
I also had a friend attempt to take mine or break it or whatever he could do, and he failed.

I think there is a real place for Fobus, and although I have holsters by the best, I sometimes just grab the Fobus paddle and a 642 because it is so convenient. If I thought it was going to fail I would not do it, but I believe it is a good option to "run to the drugstore."
Thanks.

Regards,
Jerry

#33 ·
I wear paddle holsters and I will never have anything diffrent. I have Fobus, Comp-tac, and Blackhawk and they all work for me.

#34 ·
Paddle holsters have their place like any other type of holster. Is it the very best option under all conditions....no, but what is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.