concealed carry while on motorcycle

This is a discussion on concealed carry while on motorcycle within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sojourner In addition to the location of carry, has anyone thought about the repercussions of riding gloves and a smallerish trigger guard? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: concealed carry while on motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    In addition to the location of carry, has anyone thought about the repercussions of riding gloves and a smallerish trigger guard? I carry my Glock IWB on my motorcycle (as I always carry). But I wear gloves and my finger would not fit through the trigger guard comfortably with motorcycle gloves on. I did not have that problem with the H&K 2000, but since standardizing on Glocks, I have that problem.
    I wear Seirus All Weather gloves when riding my Vulcan in the NC cold.
    Seirus Innovation They are warm enough to ride when temps are in the 40s (or below for short rides), but thin enough to efficiently pull the trigger on most guns.

BTW, I wear my G27 in a C-Tac at 4:00 while riding (and BUG in ankle holster).
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Glock 19 in a IWB at 4:00. I don't want to take the chance of someone seeing me taking it out of a saddle bag.

I use a IWB for my XDm, sits at 3:30 or 4:00 and is well hidden by my jacket. I am not to afraid of it going off if I drop the bike, the safties on that gun are increadible! I would be afraid of loosing it if it were straped inside my tank bag and it went flying off in an accident!

I carry a snubnose revolver in an Alessi APX under my T-shirt. I kind of tuck my shirt in around it while riding, but before I get off the bike, I untuck my shirt, it's worked really well for me.

Never leave home without it,.. I agree with others saying "Do not carry off person"...

VIP Member
    In addition to the location of carry, has anyone thought about the repercussions of riding gloves and a smallerish trigger guard? I carry my Glock IWB on my motorcycle (as I always carry). But I wear gloves and my finger would not fit through the trigger guard comfortably with motorcycle gloves on. I did not have that problem with the H&K 2000, but since standardizing on Glocks, I have that problem.
    I wear a pair of shooting gloves as my riding gloves, which I have worn while practicing with my carry guns.

Hmmm... This makes me think (ouch!). I take off my gloves when not riding. In the winter I wear thin under gloves for layered warmth and those will stay on. Are we talking about trying to fire a weapon while riding? Personally I'm uncomfortable with that.

I suppose there are exceptions to every rule but...
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    Hmmm... This makes me think (ouch!). I take off my gloves when not riding. In the winter I wear thin under gloves for layered warmth and those will stay on. Are we talking about trying to fire a weapon while riding? Personally I'm uncomfortable with that.

I suppose there are exceptions to every rule but...
    Firing the handgun with the gloves on. I cannot think of a reason I would place priority in engaging a target above getting the heck out of the way and not run over.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Firing the handgun with the gloves on. I cannot think of a reason I would place priority in engaging a target above getting the heck out of the way and not run over.
    +1. Get the h--- out of the danger/kill zone quickly!!!!! The vehicle will win/take you out in a confrontation every time and I've been riding for 42 years.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Sorry, must've killed too many brain cells in my youth...

I see firing the handgun with the gloves on. and getting the he** out of there as two mutually exclusive things. I can't do both, only one or the other. Of course, if a fast exit is an option, I'll take it.

Don't mind me. I'll just watch from the sidelines and hopefully catch on.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    Sorry, must've killed too many brain cells in my youth...

I see firing the handgun with the gloves on. and getting the he** out of there as two mutually exclusive things. I can't do both, only one or the other. Of course, if a fast exit is an option, I'll take it.

Don't mind me. I'll just watch from the sidelines and hopefully catch on.
    I wasn't totally clear. If I had to draw immediately after getting off the bike, I would still need to rip my glove off if my glove and triggerguard did not play well together. Regardless, evasion is highest priority. If evasion not possible, get to cover and get ready to defend my position. Gun working with glove is one less step in getting ready to defend my position.

Lead Moderator
    I wasn't totally clear. If I had to draw immediately after getting off the bike, I would still need to rip my glove off if my glove and triggerguard did not play well together. Regardless, evasion is highest priority. If evasion not possible, get to cover and get ready to defend my position. Gun working with glove is one less step in getting ready to defend my position.
    Wear thinner gloves? I wear thin enough gloves that they fit in the trigger guard. Anyone practice shooting while wearing a helmet? I wear a full face , so this can effect my shooting a bit.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Ah, gotcha. Yes, removing the glove is one more step, but one we have chosen. Whenever it's warm enough I wear fingerless gloves.

My apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Wear thinner gloves? I wear thin enough gloves that they fit in the trigger guard. Anyone practice shooting while wearing a helmet? I wear a full face , so this can effect my shooting a bit.
    Don't think I'd want to go thinner on the gloves than I already have. Maybe this is a "reason" to go out and buy another handgun.

Never tried shooting with my helmet on. Didn't even think too much of that one. God thought.

9MM, IWB when its warm like now, or a 642 in a Mika Pocket Holster inside my jacket when cooler.
    ...T. Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links