Defensive Carry banner

Need OWB holster

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  muddy 
#1 · (Edited)
I need a good retention holster for a Kahr CW40. Was working in the yard today with my MTAC holster. Well lets just say its going to take a couple days for the holster to dry out and I need to oil the weapon. Its not even hot here and in 3 hours I sweated clean through the leather. So I would like something probably in Kydex OWB to wear when working around the house. Something I could OC with and not worry about losing the weapon. I don't think Serpa makes a holster for the Kahr.

Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
I need a good retention holster for a Khar CW40. Was working in the yard today with my MTAC holster. Well lets just say its going to take a couple days for the holster to dry out and I need to oil the weapon. Its not even hot here and in 3 hours I sweated clean through the leather. So I would like something probably in Kydex OWB to wear when working around the house. Something I could OC with and not worry about losing the weapon. I don't think Serpa makes a holster for the Khar.

Thanks for the help.
I have a Comp-Tac paddle for my Kahr P9, and I suspect they can make you one. I do not know what the lead time is not, but it was one week when I got mine.
Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories

They make quality kydex stuff.

Regards,
Jerry

#5 ·
A little oil on a holster is not a bad thing but a lot is. I do not need a bunch of oil leaking all over my clothes. I do not have an issue with daily wear but while working and sweating leather is going to get wet. Thanks for the comp tac idea don't know why I didn't think to check them for OWB.

Comp Tac has some nice rigs but I am really looking for a retention type holster for OC. Some thing like a serpa level 2 or 3. Can't seam to find any thing for the CW40.

#7 ·
Call Blackhawk and ask them if they have a Serpa that will fit. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Serpa for a Commander size 1911 will work.

#8 ·
Not sure if I missed something on their site but I could not seem to find a retention holster at all?
Nice looking rigs but not what I am looking for.

Guess if all I can find is a holster I will just make something out of Kydex myself. I like the idea of the Serpa retention but if its not available its not.

Thanks for the help guys.

#10 ·
I guess I might not be saying the right things. I want a level 2 or 3 retention holster. The kind that makes it hard for someone to grab your gun while its in the holster. Not a holster with an adjustment screw to keep the weapon tight. A holster that is made for open carry so I don't have to worry about the pistol falling out while on the roof or ladder and have some level of security and safety to where it can't be grabed out of the holster while I am distracted at the hardware store.

Yesterday I was working around the yard and had my CW40 in my MTAC holster. The pistol road fine all day and stayed concealed under my shirt while I trimmed trees and shrubs, removed window screens, picked up dog poo, raked, and climbed the ladder. At the end of the day I had completely sweated through the MTAC and had moisture on my pistol. So I would like an OWB holster in Kydex with a high level of anti theft protection. Why, because lets face it my SA is up but when running trimmers and chainsaws or even the lawn mower my attention is elsewhere and it would be easy for someone to walk up behind me and pull my pistol. The chances of this are very unlikely but still possible and the extra retention would not hurt so the pistol stays in place while working.

From my research it looks like the best I can do would be a thumb break holster unless a Serpa for a 1911 will fit as suggested by WoodLark.

#12 ·
You might also look at Kramer Holsters. :yup: Not Kydex but you won't need it with a Kramer.

#13 ·
muddy,

I just tried my P9 (same size as CW40) in my Serpa that I bought for an S&W 3913/3953/5903/5906. It works very well (never tried it before so I didn't know).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.