Where is you wallet when using IWB holster

Where is you wallet when using IWB holster

This is a discussion on Where is you wallet when using IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, CCW newbie here and just recently recieved my Texas Heritage IWB holster and find it almost as comfortable as my OWB holster. Now ...

View Poll Results: Where is you wallet while using IWB holster

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strong side hip pocket

90 33.46%
  • Weak side hip pocket

125 46.47%
  • Other...(leave a comment)

54 20.07%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Where is you wallet when using IWB holster

Hello all,

CCW newbie here and just recently recieved my Texas Heritage IWB holster and find it almost as comfortable as my OWB holster.

Now the question I have is where do you gentlemen carry your wallet, on the strong side or the weak side?

I used to carry my wallet in strong side (back right) pocket, but once I started carrying, I didn't want to have to lift my shirt up on that side. Also, my holster seemed to get in the way.

So after years of carrying my wallet in that pocket, I switched. It was a strange experience at first, but now all is well and normal.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I wear a sporran 99% of the time so my wallet stays there. Any other time it is in my weak side front pocket, my keys go in my strong side front (my right hand). Easier to reach in, grab and start the car in one basic motion.
    Last edited by fogish; May 24th, 2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: *front* pocket. Never used my back pockets, didn't even occur to me they were an option, I wear shorts too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytoviper View Post
    Hello all,

CCW newbie here and just recently recieved my Texas Heritage IWB holster and find it almost as comfortable as my OWB holster.

Now the question I have is where do you gentlemen carry your wallet, on the strong side or the weak side?
    I voted other as I carry two wallets.

One holds my Credit Cards and Driver's License. The other holds my work Creds. If I need to identify myself during an armed encounter, ane have my gun in hand, I can keep my gun trained on the subject and still produce ID if I draw my "primary" handgun.

For me I consider it more important to be able to produce identification that shows I'm a LEO than it is to grab my Credit Cards and such out of my wallet. For the concealed carrier this is not an issue and I recommend keeping your wallet accessible to the weak hand. That way there is more of a chance that your concealed handgun remains concealed.

Biker

kinda the same story as BikerRN - I keep my main wallet strong side, my creds on weak side. plus I can tell the BG (as situation allows) that I am grabbing my wallet for him and right above my rear pocket is a nasty little suprise waiting....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Strong side cargo pocket (I always wear cargo pants or shorts) no matter how I am carrying (OWB/IWB).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Left breast buttoned shirt pocket, I'm a white boy with no butt that can't sit comfortably on a wallet in back pocket.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Front pocket wallet

I have issues digging my wallet out strong side in the back so I went to a strong side front pocket wallet. I carry my spare mag in my front pocket weak side with my cell phone. Keys and knife strong side front pocket.

While my wallet is in my weak side back pocket...keeping in any pocket is not a hindrance.
    Several years ago, I switch from a thick wallet that was more like a 'four-drawer' file cabinet, to a half inch thick leather money clip.
    I have a driver's license, CCW license, one credit card, and my medical card...my money is folded in the middle.
    Anything else I might need such as a fishing license, etc., is kept in the safe and only taken as needed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

strong side front pocket. I use this wallet: ALL-ETT Billfolds, which is ulta-thin and very comfortable. Had it two years, is just now showing some wear.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Weak side creds..which also has DL and 2 CCs...money is never carried in the wallet....2 reasons, 1st, I'm Italian and we carry our cash in either front pants pocket with a clip around it...old schoolers use a broccoli band. And if you are ever mugged you can hand over just the cash....saves the hassle of calling CC companies and changing your locks because some skell has your address.

I carry my wallet weak side front pocket.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have no wallet, and carry nothing in rear pockets. I keep currency, cards, and ID in a front pocket, arranged so I can pull out a required item without displaying any extraneous stuff.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    weak side front pocket.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Weak side front pocket. Aside from not sitting on it it confounds the pickpockets.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links