Galco royal guard IWB?

This is a discussion on Galco royal guard IWB? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those here who have a Galco royal guard IWB holster for a J-frame revolver,I have a question. Does this IWB holster sit lower inside ...

Thread: Galco royal guard IWB?

Galco royal guard IWB?

For those here who have a Galco royal guard IWB holster for a J-frame revolver,I have a question. Does this IWB holster sit lower inside the pants,is it a low riding IWB rig? I'm consdiering one but don't like a high riding IWB holster with a snubbie becuase for me they tend to tipand want to roll around on me. do you find the royal guard to be a comfortable IWB rig?

If anyone here has one could you please post a pic so I can get an idea how it carries on the belt? thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't know about the Royal Guard except that it looks very over priced to me.

You might want to check out FIST, INC.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have the Royal Guard for a 5" 1911 and am very pleased with it. In my opinion, it sits at the proper height for my Kimber and holds the pistol securely and still readily accessible to get an easy hold on the grip. The nice thing about the horsehide leather is it is a more impervious to moisture than cowhide which does help in the summer months and the sweat factor. You'll really appreciate the reinforced opening it offers which makes one-handed holstering much easier. The molding is very pronounced and holds your gun securely yet the smooth leather on the inside makes drawing your weapon very smooth. Yes it is a little more expensive but most horsehide holsters are. Not sure if this pertains to you but the other nice thing is you can buy black belt channel loops to match and blend with whatever your attire demands that day.

I've had mine for roughly three years now and have been VERY pleased with it. Not only for the comfort and concealibility factor but the workmanship as well. The seams are still tight and the holster still looks great and shows minimal wear. I've been impressed enough with this that I purchased two of the Contour belts, a Miami Classic II and I have the Side Snap Scabbard (S.S.S.) coming along with respected mag holders. Everything has exceeded expectations. In my opinion, Galco is the best as far as a mass produced and readily available holster and will serve you with many years of enjoyable use.

Here's a link that shows a picture of how the Royal Guard rides. I've dealt with this company and have always had good service with them as well as Optics Planet. I would call to make sure they have the holster in stock prior to doing any online ordering though.

Buy Galco Holster - Royal Guard - Galco, Surefire, Streamlight, Uncle Mikes & Motorola Talkabout - Product Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I don't know about the Royal Guard except that it looks very over priced to me.

You might want to check out FIST, INC.
    I agree...and this one in particular (order with a body protector)...

#1A...a clip with forward cant
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links