Bluegrass Hybrid Holster Review W/Pics

This is a discussion on Bluegrass Hybrid Holster Review W/Pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a Ghost Hybrid for my G26 edc so we'll see....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluegrass Hybrid Holster Review W/Pics

I just ordered a Ghost Hybrid for my G26 edc so we'll see.

2. Remove Ads

Bluegrass holster on order

This is my first post here as I have been lurking for several months and searching for the "best" concealed carry holster while waiting for my CCW permit. Based on discussions with friends and posts on this and other sites, it seems that most tend to collect a drawerful of holsters and still search for the 'one'. (Not that the 'one' really exists.) Now that the CCW has finally arrived (after 11 weeks), the holster decision became more urgent. I had never heard of Bluegrass holsters prior to this post and last night put the Ghost IWB on order with a belt. So thank you for pointing out this holster.

I am positive there are many fine holsters available with probably even more duds. So, I am just hoping to avoid a drawerful of holsters and, happy to have ordered from a business in my native home town.
    Thanks for your input,
    Steve

I don't see how his customer service has gone down. I ordered his when he first started out last year(I think that's when he started). He called me to let me know when he started it, and then let me know that the first one was ruined, and so he was starting on the second one. But, when it came is I was very excited and love the holster to this day!

Quote Originally Posted by nucone View Post
    This is my first post here as I have been lurking for several months and searching for the "best" concealed carry holster while waiting for my CCW permit. Based on discussions with friends and posts on this and other sites, it seems that most tend to collect a drawerful of holsters and still search for the 'one'. (Not that the 'one' really exists.) Now that the CCW has finally arrived (after 11 weeks), the holster decision became more urgent. I had never heard of Bluegrass holsters prior to this post and last night put the Ghost IWB on order with a belt. So thank you for pointing out this holster.

I am positive there are many fine holsters available with probably even more duds. So, I am just hoping to avoid a drawerful of holsters and, happy to have ordered from a business in my native home town.
    Thanks for your input,
    Steve
    Welcome to the forum nucone

I know what you mean about avoiding the drawer full of holsters.
    I think you will be happy with your ghost hybrid, I wear mine 12 hour days and I forget I have it on. The nice thing about it is after about a days worth of wearing it really forms nicely around you, Mine has the horse hide back which is a real nice thing to have it helps protect your pistol from sweat.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Not my style, but nice never-the-less...looks like you could cover a coach gun with that shirt...

In that Ausie's accent, "Hey mate, that's no beer gut, now here's a beer gut...(insert mental pic of my gut here)!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I'm a fan of Brock's work, just not his customer service. I have his all leather Mason-Dixon and it rides great. But it took me in the neighborhood of 3 months longer than his original estimated timeframe (he quoted a month from when the card was charged and it was nearly 4 months) and now I have been waiting since November for belt loops to fit my new belt. He said he'd send them off free since he had changed how he was making belt loops, but I'd be willing to pay if it meant they showed up before the holster wears out...

Again, he does great work and his hybrids look to be just as good as his all leather - but that guy needs to hire some help!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post

He said he'd send them off free since he had changed how he was making belt loops, but I'd be willing to pay if it meant they showed up before the holster wears out...

Again, he does great work and his hybrids look to be just as good as his all leather - but that guy needs to hire some help!
    Kevin,

What size loops are looking for from him?
    I think I might be able help.

PM me when you get a chance

PS he told me he hired help for the hybrid side so that is why those are flying out so fast and he is working on the custom leather holster back logs himself and his custom site says he is slowing down the number of new custom leather holster orders he takes on per month and recommends the hybrid holster site for fast 14 day service

Craiger

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I'm a fan of Brock's work, just not his customer service. I have his all leather Mason-Dixon and it rides great. But it took me in the neighborhood of 3 months longer than his original estimated timeframe (he quoted a month from when the card was charged and it was nearly 4 months) and now I have been waiting since November for belt loops to fit my new belt. He said he'd send them off free since he had changed how he was making belt loops, but I'd be willing to pay if it meant they showed up before the holster wears out...

I'm still waiting on the conversion attachments he promised in November, then again in January. Hell, at this point I'd be friggin' overjoyed if he would just reply to my e-mail.
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    So I got this holster exactly 10 days ago & thought I would wear it abit before I gave a slight review on it. Its a Bluegrass Hybrid Holster & its the Mason Dixon Model. I got it for my XDM.

Fit & Finish--- I will say its top notch. Excellent stitching & to me visually its 1 of the best looking Kydex style holsters on the market. Ive been wearing IWB the most & its more comfortable to me than my MTAC was. I been wearing it between 3:30 & 4 oclock & I just really like how it rides. Ive worn it on long rides plus out to eat & doing all the married errands the wife has me do with no discomfort whatsoever.

This holster is designed to be worn either way. IWB or OWB. This has been my first Exp wearing OWB & its def a little more comfortable than IWB although I probably wont be going OWB very often. I did notice a little squaeking/creaking at first wearing it OWB but that went away after the 2nd day.

Also just as a note if you do plan on ordering & this applies only to the XDM ONLY Brock with Bluegrass holsters is working with the Kydex manufacture about The XDM Shells. The but of the gun tends to stick out abit when being worn OWB. This issue is only with the XDM,s & he will either send out a new backing or a new kydex shell once we figure out the root of the issue. Weve talked a few times & hes narrowing down the exact problem & assures me he will take care of it.

Would I recommend this holster?---- Yes I would. With all the different options of replacement shells & being able to change out the backs you cant go wrong.

Price--- Its a little cheaper than both Comp-Tac & Supertuck & it seems to be a little better built. Also if you decide to buy multiple Kydex shells for different guns they are cheaper than Comp-Tac as well. They are also running 10.00 off for a limited time since he just went live witht he website.

If you want 1 heres the site. Welcome to Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

If you dont ind just drop a little note saying Jason/Eyebedam told you about the new holsters. Brocks been a really straight up guy with me & I just want him to know I really appreciate it.

So Heres some pics & no jokes on my beer belly either.

I agree Eyebedam,
    I'm also loving my Mason-Dixon hybrid more and more each day myself
    I have been wearing it evey day since I got it about 2 weeks ago
    I'm mostly an IWB guy but its nice to know I can wear it OWB by just removing the conversion leather loop risers and sliding it on my belt for OWB. seems to hold nice and tight to my side.

The horsehide back is a real nice touch it forms nicely around my "Wide" body and also really seems to be sweat proof.
    Last edited by Craiger; June 2nd, 2009 at 06:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links