Bluegrass Hybrid Holster Review W/Pics

This is a discussion on Bluegrass Hybrid Holster Review W/Pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got this holster exactly 10 days ago & thought I would wear it abit before I gave a slight review on it. Its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I got this holster exactly 10 days ago & thought I would wear it abit before I gave a slight review on it. Its a Bluegrass Hybrid Holster & its the Mason Dixon Model. I got it for my XDM.

Fit & Finish--- I will say its top notch. Excellent stitching & to me visually its 1 of the best looking Kydex style holsters on the market. Ive been wearing IWB the most & its more comfortable to me than my MTAC was. I been wearing it between 3:30 & 4 oclock & I just really like how it rides. Ive worn it on long rides plus out to eat & doing all the married errands the wife has me do with no discomfort whatsoever.

This holster is designed to be worn either way. IWB or OWB. This has been my first Exp wearing OWB & its def a little more comfortable than IWB although I probably wont be going OWB very often. I did notice a little squaeking/creaking at first wearing it OWB but that went away after the 2nd day.

Also just as a note if you do plan on ordering & this applies only to the XDM ONLY Brock with Bluegrass holsters is working with the Kydex manufacture about The XDM Shells. The but of the gun tends to stick out abit when being worn OWB. This issue is only with the XDM,s & he will either send out a new backing or a new kydex shell once we figure out the root of the issue. Weve talked a few times & hes narrowing down the exact problem & assures me he will take care of it.

Would I recommend this holster?---- Yes I would. With all the different options of replacement shells & being able to change out the backs you cant go wrong.

Price--- Its a little cheaper than both Comp-Tac & Supertuck & it seems to be a little better built. Also if you decide to buy multiple Kydex shells for different guns they are cheaper than Comp-Tac as well. They are also running 10.00 off for a limited time since he just went live witht he website.

If you want 1 heres the site. Welcome to Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

If you dont ind just drop a little note saying Jason/Eyebedam told you about the new holsters. Brocks been a really straight up guy with me & I just want him to know I really appreciate it.

So Heres some pics & no jokes on my beer belly either.

Looks pretty neat. Hopefully he can get the problem sorted out for yours. Thanks for the review.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

The XD-M is a long gripped gun, not as easy to hide as some others. Looks like a nice setup you have there.

Looks like a quality holster.

That does look like an awfully tough gun to hide. The grip looks about an 1" longer than my G19.

Very nice ... And it looks like you bought a new shirt for the pics.. nice touch.
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorp View Post
    Very nice ... And it looks like you bought a new shirt for the pics.. nice touch.
    Nothing says style like a fresh shirt with a nice crease.

Great review. I really like (good/bad) reviews on new products. I like the versitility

Please tell me thats your LH thumb/finger poking out in the background in pic #4. It startled me at first...JK
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post
    Please tell me thats your LH thumb/finger poking out in the background in pic #4. It startled me at first...JK
    We as a group are bent!!!

Brock does make nice holsters but he was originally not realistic on the time from manufacturing to shipping to delivery. If he can over come those problems. I would buy from him again.

They look pretty nice, too bad they don't make any for my S&W Sigma.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post
    Great review. I really like (good/bad) reviews on new products. I like the versitility

I guess I'm standing right in front of a floor vase. Sorry about that I hope you didn't stare to long or get overly excited. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    They look pretty nice, too bad they don't make any for my S&W Sigma.
    I do know he's making them for some guns listed on the website & when I talked to him the other day he had some new shells coming in. Shoot him a email to just make sure he doesn't for sure.

I have one of brocks mason-dixons for my pps. I have been looking at the supertuck, but for the price I might as well get one of these for my P2000.

In fact I forgot my holster is on brock's main page.
    Last edited by cuban11182; May 26th, 2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post
    I have one of brocks mason-dixons for my pps. I have been looking at the supertuck, but for the price I might as well get one of these for my P2000.

Its the right time to order while there 10.00 off.

Nice looking holster, to me the hybrids are the best IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post

I got one for my Baby Eagle. I really like the holster, but Brock's lack of customer service has ensured I wont buy from him again.
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

Quote Originally Posted by RedKnightt View Post
    I got one for my Baby Eagle. I really like the holster, but Brock's lack of customer service has ensured I wont buy from him again.
    Judging by all the great responses about his hybrid holsters on many different forums and the great customer service they have had and his proven fast delivery times of within 14 days and the fact that others have been praising his work. I would say that may of held true with his past custom leather at one time back when the demand far exceeded his ability to meet demand fast enough. But I see nothing showing it to be an issue with his new hybrid division and from what I have read on other forums the hybrid division has been created to fill a need in the market to get quality holsters out the door fast and at a reasonable prices

and if you read his Warranty on the hybrids you just cant go wrong:
    A lifetime warranty for material and workmanship combined with a 30-day trial period.

So if as you say "I really like the holster" you may also like his abilty to get the hybrids faster to you with the same quality you already know he can produce and a Warranty that is fantastic.

I myself have two of his hybrids and I was so impressed I put a recommended holsters link on my web site and you can be sure I never would of taken the risk if I felt he could not keep my clients happy and from what they tell me they are very pleased with his service and quality.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Craiger; May 28th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links