Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today

This is a discussion on Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perhaps I am missing something. I think I am threading my belt through the holster and then through my belt loops correctly but I could ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today

  1. #16
    Member Array chains1240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    465
    Perhaps I am missing something. I think I am threading my belt through the holster and then through my belt loops correctly but I could be mistaken seeing this is my first OWB holster. I am not currently wearing a gun belt but it is thicker than a walmart special. If someone would be so kind as to post pictures showing exactly how the belt threads through the holster slots and the loop closest to the holster I would appreciate it greatly. I will try to take a picture of me wearing my current set up to show how horribly the butt of my pistol sticks out. My Wilderness Tactical belt chipped yesterday also.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member
    Array shooterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    That kinda bums me out. I was hoping I would be able to CC OWB my XD 4" service. I'm 5'11" 160lbs. Will I encounter the same problem?
    I am 6'-0" and about 170-175lbs, I don't have any trouble concealing my XD 4" or sub-compact with this holster, evn during the summer under a t-shirt. I wear the holster just behind my hip at around 4-5 o'clock, which causes the grip to lay against my back. You should be just fine.

  4. #18
    Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Southwest, TN
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something. I think I am threading my belt through the holster and then through my belt loops correctly but I could be mistaken seeing this is my first OWB holster. I am not currently wearing a gun belt but it is thicker than a walmart special. If someone would be so kind as to post pictures showing exactly how the belt threads through the holster slots and the loop closest to the holster I would appreciate it greatly. I will try to take a picture of me wearing my current set up to show how horribly the butt of my pistol sticks out. My Wilderness Tactical belt chipped yesterday also.
    How wide is your belt?
    I have this same holster for my Glock 27 and use a 5.11 1/1/2" reinforced leather belt. It holds everything very sturdy and close to my side at about 3:30 position. Depending on which pant's I'm wearing I can usually thread my belt through the back holster slot, through a belt loop and then through the front holster slot. This makes a very secure set-up. The belt going through the pants belt loop between the holster slots keeps the holster from sliding up when I draw my gun.

  5. #19
    VIP Member
    Array shooterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I am 6'-0" and about 170-175lbs, I don't have any trouble concealing my XD 4" or sub-compact with this holster, evn during the summer under a t-shirt. I wear the holster just behind my hip at around 4-5 o'clock, which causes the grip to lay against my back. You should be just fine.
    I'm an idiot, I was thinking the H721 was the number on my holster, Its a H710 ot, similar, just more of a slide than a full holster. My wife took this pictures if this helps. My belt isn't pulled as tight as it normally would be, but it doesn't rally print, and holds the gun snug to my body. I also use a similar holster for my sig P226, which is just a little bigger with zero issues. My wife wanted me to add that she took the photos and considered this her first gun porn.
    Attached Images

  6. #20
    Member Array chains1240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    How wide is your belt?
    I have this same holster for my Glock 27 and use a 5.11 1/1/2" reinforced leather belt. It holds everything very sturdy and close to my side at about 3:30 position. Depending on which pant's I'm wearing I can usually thread my belt through the back holster slot, through a belt loop and then through the front holster slot. This makes a very secure set-up. The belt going through the pants belt loop between the holster slots keeps the holster from sliding up when I draw my gun.
    I am using a 1 1/2 inch one piece leather belt that I bought from a leather goods store in Wyoming. Not a gun belt but not really all that flimsy either. I still believe that the belt twists too much even under a small load which allows the butt of the pistol to come away from my body. I will know more when my Wilderness Instructor belt comes in.

  7. #21
    Member Array chains1240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I'm an idiot, I was thinking the H721 was the number on my holster, Its a H710 ot, similar, just more of a slide than a full holster. My wife took this pictures if this helps. My belt isn't pulled as tight as it normally would be, but it doesn't rally print, and holds the gun snug to my body. I also use a similar holster for my sig P226, which is just a little bigger with zero issues. My wife wanted me to add that she took the photos and considered this her first gun porn.
    Looking at your pictures it seems that the pieces of leather on my holster where the belt goes through bend at almost a 90 degree angle when I lace my belt through. This may be because the leather is brand new and not flexible? Maybe when the leather wears in a little the tabs will lay against my body a little better.

  8. #22
    VIP Member
    Array shooterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    Looking at your pictures it seems that the pieces of leather on my holster where the belt goes through bend at almost a 90 degree angle when I lace my belt through. This may be because the leather is brand new and not flexible? Maybe when the leather wears in a little the tabs will lay against my body a little better.
    Mine did that just a little when I got it two years ago, it work out. Post a picture if you can.

  9. #23
    Member Array chains1240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    465
    I will try to post pictures soon. I tried the holster out today again for a little while around the house. My belt looked like it held the holster tight against my body with no twist or sag but the butt still stuck out in a way that screamed "gun" no matter what position I wore it in. If I cannot get this worked out I will just put it up for sale for a small loss.

  10. #24
    Member Array Tn Mitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hendersonville,Tn.
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    One of the problems is that I am kind a big guy, in the wrong way. I am 5'10" 195ish. I am losing weight but I think my spare tire carrying at 3:00 is pushing the pistol out. When I IWB the pistol butt is much less noticeable but my belt is pulling everything close. I am going to wear the OWB with my unloaded pistol around the house to break in the belt slots and try to continue to lose weight. In the meantime I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck. I needed a good IWB as well as this OWB so I didn't spend money on something I didn't need anyhow. I appreciate the suggestions and I will try to move the position of the holster around as well.
    Try the 3:30 to 4:00 oclock position,right behind the hip...feels good,and it disapears from the front...









    As you noticed im no small guy either..5'11, 230 pounds.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. TX CHL arrived today
    By JimR in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM
  2. New TT leather arrived today
    By orangehole in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
  3. My Max Con V arrived today
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
  4. Don Hume Holster Arrived
    By freetrapper in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
  5. Max Con V arrived today!!!
    By SARR001 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: June 17th, 2006, 06:37 AM

Search tags for this page

don hume 721 or 721ot
,

don hume 721ot

,

don hume 721ot review

,

don hume h710

,

don hume h710 review

,
don hume h715 sig p226
,

don hume h715 walther pps

,

don hume h715-m.s.o. o.t.

,

don hume m715 iwb holster for glock 19?

,
don hume mso
,

h715 - m.s.o.

,

h715 - m.s.o. glock 27

Click on a term to search for related topics.