Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today

This is a discussion on Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right out of the box the retention for my Kel-Tec P-11 is perfect, no need to wrap the pistol in plastic wrap to custom fit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today

Don Hume 721 O.T. Arrived today

Right out of the box the retention for my Kel-Tec P-11 is perfect, no need to wrap the pistol in plastic wrap to custom fit the holster. I also ordered a magazine pouch that works great. Unfortunately my pistol sticks out like a huge tumor under a t-shirt and even under a thicker long sleeve shirt. I would still be able to wear the holster under a sweat shirt or jacket or while open carrying while hiking. I am still going to have to order an IWB from Supertuck or MTAC it seems. I was hoping I would be able to wear this OWB under one shirt for comfort but I will not be able to.

2. Remove Ads

i don't own a kel-tec nor know what each model is but if the pictures i just googled are right its not that big of a pistol @ all. i use the same holster but for a ruger p345 and it conceals easily. try wearing a shirt 1 size larger. what position do you carry at? mine is just forward of the hip so i believe thats what 2'clock? maybe 2:30? I barely print at all while moving around and even @ that no one notices. only time i print badly is if i bend over @ the waist such as when i shoot pool or instead of bending my knees like you're supposed to for your back i just bend @ the waist.

if your holster came like mine did do a lot of practice drawing and reholstering as mine was extremely tight fitting. after having it a month or so now its fine as far as not being overly tight and wanting to take my pants with the gun when i draw. if you're going to wear a t-shirt dark colors work better as well. might know all this already seeing as how you have 128 posts but those are my suggestions on how i do it. I'm not a big guy either i'm only 5' 6" and 155 lbs

One of the problems is that I am kind a big guy, in the wrong way. I am 5'10" 195ish. I am losing weight but I think my spare tire carrying at 3:00 is pushing the pistol out. When I IWB the pistol butt is much less noticeable but my belt is pulling everything close. I am going to wear the OWB with my unloaded pistol around the house to break in the belt slots and try to continue to lose weight. In the meantime I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck. I needed a good IWB as well as this OWB so I didn't spend money on something I didn't need anyhow. I appreciate the suggestions and I will try to move the position of the holster around as well.

VIP Member
    I have the same holster for my XD sub-compact, only use it duirng the winter, if at all. I bought one of the H715 MSO IWB holsters for the same reason you stated, I am thinking of trying the PCCH IWB holster.

I have both OWB Agent 711 T.B. and IWB M715-M T.B. Use the Agent during colder days. and use the M715 for warmer days. also have a nylon OWB that works as OWB with a untucked colored shirt.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    One of the problems is that I am kind a big guy, in the wrong way. I am 5'10" 195ish. I am losing weight but I think my spare tire carrying at 3:00 is pushing the pistol out. When I IWB the pistol butt is much less noticeable but my belt is pulling everything close. I am going to wear the OWB with my unloaded pistol around the house to break in the belt slots and try to continue to lose weight. In the meantime I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck. I needed a good IWB as well as this OWB so I didn't spend money on something I didn't need anyhow. I appreciate the suggestions and I will try to move the position of the holster around as well.
    "easiest" way to cut some pounds is to cut out soda's and drinks filled with sugar. Drink lots of water. Fast food is another big pound adder. everyone always says yeah yeah i know i know...but i've had quite a few friends drop 5-10 lbs just by not eating as much fast food or drinking soda/beer as much.

good luck on the holster and the weight loss. keep us up to date!

wear a light summer jacket from London Fog and you should be fine...
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

That kinda bums me out. I was hoping I would be able to CC OWB my XD 4" service. I'm 5'11" 160lbs. Will I encounter the same problem?

Not familiar with that particular holster but you might try running the belt thru the slots the wrong way and around the outside of the holster to hold everything in tighter.

I bought the same holster for my G23 and haven't had the problem. I too have a few extra survival rations around my beltline but worn about 3:30 it tucks in nice and tight. My only problem is it hangs very close to the bottom of my most often worn jacket and therefor shows at times. I will say a good stiff gunbelt like those from Beltman makes a difference.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

I suspect that maybe my belt is to blame. I ordered a wilderness tactical with 5 stitch stiffner just to rule it out. I though about running my belt through the wrong way to see if that helps. When I run my belt through the proper way the gun body is held against my body tightly bu the handle of the pistol protrudes leaving a shelf for my shirt to sit on.

I carry a Glock 19 in teh Hume 721 O.T. and I think it is super. I am 6'0", 200lbs adn carry at 3:30 and the fit is great. I really like Don Hume holsters for the value -I have a belt slide for my Walther PPS.

I will have to see how well the holster works when my Wilderness Tactical belt comes in. Like I said the body of the pistol is tucked up tight against my body but the butt of the gun is far enough away from my body that it creates a shelf that my shirt sits on.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I have the same holster for my Glock 27 and with a good stiff gun belt it fits snug against my 5' 9" 205lb frame.

The issue may be more with your belt.

Mine just got in today. Only took about 4 weeks compared to their expected 12-15 weeks. Fits great. I tried it in a few different spots, but wound up with about 3:30 like another user suggested. Its prints a tiny bit with a large t-shirt. Its nothing anyone would notice, unless you were an advid DC.com-er :-) I'm not using an expensive gun belt either. I bought a belt from walmart a while back that it pretty thick and only cost about 15 bucks. It will do for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links