Defensive Carry banner

Adjusting IWB while driving...

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  INSPGAD 
#1 ·
I have a Glock 36 and I conceal it in a MTAC IWb holster at 5:30. However when I get into my car, it feels a little uncomfortable. Maybe it is something I should get used to?

Do any of you adjust the holster before driving? I know it may sound absurd since the entire point is to conceal carry.

I just got my CPL today and will make my WWW tomorrow evening.

:)

#2 ·
Every holster takes a little getting used to. It's good to shift it around a bit until you get it just right. :yup:

#3 ·
Try carrying at 3:30 instead of 5:30. It is better to find a spot and leave it than always fooling with your carry rig.
Mike

#6 ·
I carry a Sig P220R IWB at 4:30 in a CB Supertuck. 4:30 is very comfortable (for me) even with this large framed gun. I would suggest trying a few different positions and find out which works best for you.

#12 ·
I carry IWB or OWB at the 3:30 - 4:00 with no problems. It all comes down to personal comfort though.

#13 ·
Each holster is different. For me, using a VM-II with a 1911, all I need to do is use my thumb to gently press forward on the guns beaver tail to make a minor comfort adjustment once seated in my wrap-around bucket seats. :smile:

#14 ·
The seat can make a difference, too... the bench seat in my truck is no problem, but when I drive my hunnee's car with bucket seats, I pull my pistol out of the MTAC...

#19 ·
I sometimes carry my Glock-36 in this...

FIST, INC. ...at 5:00 - 5:30, not on the spine.

Extremely comfortable. My usual EDC is my Kimber Ultra CDP carried in the same fashion.:hand10:

You will eventually find that 'spot' where the gun disappears and you can "FoGet Aboud It..."

#20 ·
Adjusting IWB while driving...
Generally people say what they mean. Before driving, or while driving? Cell phones are bad enough.....please don't attempt to adjust your 'stuff' while driving. Concentrate on the road. It's just a suggestion 'cause most of the folks here drive the same roads you do. Let's be safe out there.

#22 ·
I carry IWB

I carry my 1911 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:00 to 3:30 I have it adjusted so it has a lot of cant (at 6' and 345lbs) it sits so the grip is tucked to my side. I have found it sometimes pushes up because of hitting the seatbelt buckle ( have a Dodge caravan so buckle is lower then the seat) but I find this the most comfortable when driving and it is very accessable when driving.:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.