Defensive Carry banner

NM Holsters #1 Review with Pics

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  COlongshot 
#1 ·
I have to say, I'm about three weeks or more late with this post. I received my #1 for my Springfield Professional from Nick several weeks ago and abosuletly am in love with it. The fit and finish of the holster are outstanding. The stitchking and detailing are perfect. The loops are tight and snug on my belt, but I don't have to spend 5 minutes trying to get them to snap securely over my Rafters S belt. The first thing that caught my eye was the thickness fo the leather. Its not bulky at all, but the holster just feels sturdy and exteremly well built. This thing is going to last a while.

The holster was extemely tight out of the bag. I had to do the "bag" trick a couple of times. After working the holster in for a few hours, its a perfect fit now with a smooth draw. The holster rides low, with the mouth of the holster rides right above the pants line.

I played with the position for a little while and found 3:00 or just slight behind it to be perfect for me. My weapon just disappears under a loose fitting t-shirt or a polo. I was a curious to see how the Weapon would ride with a stepper than normal cant, but its great. The weapon doesn't dig into me while I'm seated at all, which I can't say about other IWB's I've had for 5" 1911's. I can jump in the car and be out all day and it stays in the same place standing or seated. Great design.

With this being the first holster to arrive out of the 6 or 7 that I have ordered from various makers, I really don't feel I need any others or will carry them. They are just "nice to have's" now. I don't see another holster replacing this as my EDC Its fit, function, and quality are top notch! I want to say thanks to Nick for his great communication and taking the time to answer all my questions. He is a great guy to work with and even helped me out when I needed it a little faster due to trip. Thanks!

So I'm not good at putting my opinions or thoughts into words so here are some pics.

So Nick, hows that OWB coming....:)

See less See more
#5 ·
That is some might fine looking leather.:yup:

Nicely boned, thin, and you'll appreciate the body protector. :hand10:

#10 ·
Thanks Doc. This guy is going places IMO. Great holster at an unbelievable price. Darn shame I'm filled up or he'd be getting an order.

Too bad he doesn't do revolvers:frown:. Need one of them for my new 3" S&W model 60-10. Going back to my roots and carrying revolvers full time.

#7 ·
I've had my #1 for a good while now, and it's served me very well. Helps when the maker is a quality individual, too. Nick shipped mine to me FASTER than the 2 weeks he told me it'd take. Hard to beat that!

I notice that on the frontside, he's added an extra leather strap there. Did you ask for that specifically, because mine doesn't have that lil' extra piece. Nick, if you're lurking, did you change something on the #1? Curiosity and the cat...

#8 ·
Nice looking holster! :hand10:
(Not a bad looking pistola either!)

#16 ·
The professional model is my Holy Grail of 1911s....I really want one. Nice holster too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.