Defensive Carry banner

Cross Draw

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  WoodLark 
#1 ·
I'm a big fan of shoulder rigs, especially when driving. Just got a Comp-Tac Settable Cant OWB Paddle and configured it to a cross-draw position which I really like. Got me thinking that there may be others out there that have tried cross draw and am interested in your opinions in this regard. Do you like cross draw? What issues or problems do you have with it? Thanks.

#4 ·
William, as I type this, I have my Glock 22 in my new Comp-Tac holster in a Cross Draw position and the grip does indeed stick out in front quite a bit. Makes me think that wearing this out around town might involve a jacket in winter, not something that could work in summertime.

#7 ·
I wear my G27 cross draw, but usually only when I'm wearing the G22 strong side.

#8 ·
Cross draw is comfortable and convenient but . . . Since the majority of people are right handed, someone facing you has your gun in the best position for their draw in a struggle. Hopefully you wouldn't allow a potential adversary to get within reach of you but . . .

#11 ·
But concealed is concealed. How is your adversary going to know where to go other than get smart? In a struggle? We're supposed to avoid that, and if you turn your back to walk away....what's now in the best position for a takeaway? Think outside the box. That's what we're supposed to do in order to de-escalate an otherwise possible deadly confrontation. Right? I actually practice drawing weak hand from the cross draw position.

#9 ·
I carry a Stoeger Cougar 8000 in the cross draw position. I always have carried cross draw, even when I was a kid running in the woods and plinking. I don't know why, perhaps it is because my arms are quite long and it is somewhat uncomfortable to reach my right hip with my right hand.

#10 ·
I open carry my heavy revolver (454) cross draw in the field. Keeps whatever is carried in the right hand from banging against the gun (hiking stick, fishing pole, shed antlers). Like the fact that the draw is similar (same side) to my EDC which is a shoulder holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.