Bianchi 9R for J frame

Bianchi 9R for J frame

This is a discussion on Bianchi 9R for J frame within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you know I've been looking for a Bianchi 9R upside down shoulder rig for my J Frame. I scored a never worn, ...

Bianchi 9R for J frame

As some of you know I've been looking for a Bianchi 9R upside down shoulder rig for my J Frame.

I scored a never worn, brand spanking new one last night on eBay for under $100, I thought that was a good deal.

Anyone have a link or a way to get a scanned copy of the original instructions that came with these holsters?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Got a pic? If its the one I'm thinking of, it didn't come with any instructions. Those were VERY popular with plain clothes cops back in the 70s and 80s.

And despite what some folks apparently think, shoulder holsters properly employed are not a death trap or ND looking for a place to happen.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    The instructional video is great...Steve McQueen shows you how to use it...and there's even a car chase!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    The instructional video is great...Steve McQueen shows you how to use it...and there's even a car chase!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

That's funny. I've never seen Bullitt, now it's on top of my list.

This is the pic off eBay, I didn't think these were made in the 90's. This one was made in America, so I'm thinking it's pre 1990's.

I've seen instructions in the past. I think I can figure out how it rides. I would like to have them, just because.

Well, that's not exactly what I'm talking about, but its close. However, you'll note that one has belt slots... i.e., "multi-use". In my experience, multi-use/general purpose holsters don't do ANYTHING well...

The one old Steve is wearing in the promotional poster is the one I'm referring to.

I'm reasonably certain Bianchi stopped production in the 80s.

I still have the 2.5" M-66 I was issued when I joined up in 1978; I was allowed to purchase it and the companion four incher when I retired. I carried that 2.5" 66 in one of those holsters on several occasions when I was pulled off the road for a temporary plain clothes assignment.

Thanks to this thread, I'd like to have another holster, for old times' sake. Guess I need to start looking...

VIP Member
    I like shoulder rigs and I use to buy everything from Bianchi when I lived less than ten miles from the factory.

Now, the 9R looks pretty cool although I’ve never seen one in the raw. However, when it comes to holsters, I cringe! I seem to always loose my tail on these essential goodies’. Just this past week, I almost pulled the bankcard trigger on the Galco Executive (S&W 642). Fortunately, calmer heads prevailed, so I bought a hundred-fifty dollar flashlight instead. Oh well, so much for impulse control.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Saber, were just here to help!

The Bianchi is of the clamshell design and is supposedly much more secure than the elastic like Steve has on.

I don't need the belt slots at all. I have already had a silly idea of letting a custom maker have their way with it and reskin it in shark or gator.

LSP972 - PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post

The Bianchi is of the clamshell design and is supposedly much more secure than the elastic like Steve has on.
    The one I had and have been talking about was a Bianchi clamshell, but the opening was "secured" by an elastic strip. The secondary strap that looped over the off shoulder was also elastic. That all-leather rig with the belt loops must have come later.

Although I didn't wear mine much, I never had any worries about the gun falling out. Neither did the old veterans who recommended the holster to me; and they wore theirs daily.

Links