Desantis or Galco ??

This is a discussion on Desantis or Galco ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GALCO GALCO GALCO Yes, I love my Galco Conceal. Maybe a little too much......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desantis or Galco ??

GALCO GALCO GALCO

Yes, I love my Galco Conceal. Maybe a little too much...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    In answer to your question, Galco produces a far superior holster. I have owned both and Galco has better workmanship, a higher quality leather and with minimal care will last forever. Galco makes very high quality belts also. Some of my Galco belts are over 20 years old and stll look like new.
    One item for thought however, is why limit yourself to these two choices? At the top of the page is "related links". Click on this for access to a multitude of holster makers. You can check out their products and fine tune your choice.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I'm also relatively new at concealed carry. I did quite a bit of looking around the local gun shops and decided that the Galco holsters appeared to have much thicker and better quality leather the DeSantis ones. None of the local shops had the particular Galco holster I wanted in stock, so I began searching online. I ended up finding what I wanted at Opticsplanet and got it for a bit less than $75 with free shipping. I was very pleased with their service and have subsequently purchased a Galco holster for my wife and Galco belts for both of us. By the way, Opticsplanet has other brands of holsters as well, but I like the Galcos. Just MHO.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    In answer to your question, Galco produces a far superior holster. I have owned both and Galco has better workmanship, a higher quality leather and with minimal care will last forever. Galco makes very high quality belts also. Some of my Galco belts are over 20 years old and stll look like new.
    One item for thought however, is why limit yourself to these two choices? At the top of the page is "related links". Click on this for access to a multitude of holster makers. You can check out their products and fine tune your choice.

since I carry a p94 ruger my choices seem to be limited and i really don't like the bianchi paddle holster that i'm using. It is really a pain to try to conceal that one. i was looking for one that I could get now, and then I can start looking at some of the custom one's.

I use the DeSantis Cozy Partner, very nice holster.

FNH FNP-45
    S&W M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Ideally, it would be great if you could find these and test them first although I know it’s usually not possible. Anyway, between the two you’re considering, I like the Galco.

BTW: I absolutely hate selecting holsters! I have never liked a holster for more than a few weeks after purchasing, and they’re almost always overpriced for what they are. The Thunderwear I’m using now is the least expensive and most used device I have.
    Regards,
    Hey Saber,

I often tease my friends with stuff like, "I don't care if the food is good if it is cheap enough."
    Do I detect a little of that in you?

I would prefer the Galco hands down, but I do think they are overpriced also.

Regards,
    Jerry

DeSantis Cozy Partner

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
    I use the DeSantis Cozy Partner, very nice holster.

I carry my G26 in the same holster. I find this holster to be very comfortable to wear. I highly recommend this holster.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

For the price you will pay to get a decent holster from Galco or desantis, you could pay the same or maybe even less and get a even better holster from Fist. HOLSTERS
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Between Galco and DeSantis, I agree with the majority here that Galco is superior. I have some Galco holsters, and they are good quality for the price.

Another option is Don Hume Holsters -- Ruger P94 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Don Hume makes several holsters for the P94, but not my favorite, the Agent 711. One of my complaints about the Galco Fletch and Concealable is the mouth of the holster isn't reinforced, so reholstering can be difficult. The Agent 711 has a reinforced mouth -- I didn't look at the other DH models to see if any for the P94 are reinforced.

Good luck, and don't expect your first holster to be your last (like the others, I have a drawer full).

C Paul Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links