Defensive Carry banner

Need help repairing a leather holster

5K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  ELCruisr 
#1 ·
I need to know what kind of glue I should use to repair a holster. It is an IWB holster. There is a piece of suede glued to the back of the holster to make it more comfortable while up against the skin. At the top part of the holster, that suede piece is starting to peal off. I know I could send it back to the maker for repair, but that would probably take 2 to 4 weeks. Does anyone know what kind of glue would be best to glue this back together?

#10 ·
Contact cement may not work well now that the holster has been used. I purchased a "mole skin" liner for my CompTac Mtac and tried to cement the mole skin to the inner holster leather after I had worn it now for about 8 months or more. Didn't hold! Too much sweat and body oil in the leather to allow the cement to hold. It peeled off in two days. :mad:

Then, there was residue from the cement that had to be scraped off the leather in spots where it did stick. That made an ugly mess.

#12 ·
Here's a novel idea! Call the maker and see what he recommends!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.