Galco Concealable - Cheaper alternative?

This is a discussion on Galco Concealable - Cheaper alternative? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Everyone, Is anyone aware of a cheaper alternative to a galco concealble holster? In all honestly it's the best owb I've felt so far, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galco Concealable - Cheaper alternative?

Galco Concealable - Cheaper alternative?

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone aware of a cheaper alternative to a galco concealble holster? In all honestly it's the best owb I've felt so far, but it's $80. I was wondering if there was a similar/cheaper option. If not I'll probably just bite the bullet but i figured I'd like into it first. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I had a Galco OWB, I think it was called a YAQUIS or something like that. I bought it new for around $40.00 I have actually never seen an $80.00 Galco.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by zbock View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Is anyone aware of a cheaper alternative to a galco concealble holster? In all honestly it's the best owb I've felt so far, but it's $80. I was wondering if there was a similar/cheaper option. If not I'll probably just bite the bullet but i figured I'd like into it first. Thanks!
    The Concealable is a nice holster and if it is your favorite, for heaven's sake pay the $80.00 rather than looking for "cheap". Personally, I have a Galco Concealable for one of my guns but I prefer holsters from FIST.

$30 cheap holster (thrown away) + $30 cheap holster (never used) + $30 cheap holster (spend two hours fixing and then don't use) = $90 for no effective holster.

I buy "cheap" if it's a Kydex holster for special or temporary use, but $70-$80 is what you should expect to pay, at least, for something decent.

You don't have to go to a custom $200 holster, but why compromise on something cheap when it may be important for you someday to actually get that gun into play?

Favorites: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier."
    Admiral Gary Roughead, CNO: "I never, ever, want to see my sailors or Marines in a fair fight."

Speaking from experience...the Galco is worth the money. Check Ebay before you buy...you may be able to find one slightly cheaper.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

also check for dealers online , they seem to b cheaper than buying from galco direct. I'm going with lightingarms they have the fletch high ride for 60 plus shipping or the cop 3 slot for 48.50 plus S&H, might want to look them up.

i'm kinda limited since i carry a ruger p94

Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I wish I had a nickel for every nickel I ever spent on holsters. I believe a lot us may agree, that holsters are like' jewelry, fragrances, women’s shoes, and furniture. All of which are grossly marked up in profit.

Off the Soapbox:
    You get what you pay for and carry devices are no different. I recommend that you really research, test and fit as many as you can. Consider your preferred dress code, daily activities, physical limitations and local environmental conditions. This will help to reduce the buyer’s remorse syndrome. Now, keep in mind that holsters are like clothing, and as such, you may likely be better served with at least two different style holsters, depending on those variables.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

1943 - 2009
    Spend the money and buy the Galco Concealable. It's an excellent value for the price. I have one and I love it!

Give la sports a call. They have several in stock.

Remember, when you buy a cheap-o holster, that's what you get. Don't scrimp on price for something that could save your life.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    I've learned the hard way that "cheap" ain't "cheap"!

If funds are that tight I'd also suggest looking toward kydex to hold you over. OWB won't be as concealable but if you can't afford a good leather holster you'll have to make concessions.

Check the holsters being sold here by members too.

Good luck.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Don Hume Open Top Belt Holster (H721 OT)

I have used several of the Hume holsters and find them to be a good value.

Thanks for the Advice. I definitely want quality and will pay for it if necessary, I just tend to over research before I make a purchase and like to look at all the options.

I have a don hume 715 m open top clip for IWB, it's nice and was inexpensive but I cannot comfortably carry my pistol in it (Stoeger cougar 8000). I tried a galco concealable owb and it was super comfortable. I think I will most likely pick it up at the end of the month.

Thanks again for the advice

Galco Conceal was the first OWB I purchased for my XD40 and is likely the last - super comfortable and durable. Can't say enough good things about it. Definitely get the Galco.

I found a Galco Quick Slide (similar) on LA Police Gear's website. They sell Galco and Bianchi for a good deal below retail. There are shipping costs, but you usually find another toy that makes it worth it.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    You might prefer the Galco due to its being readily available. However, have youy cosidered some excellent custom makers such as HBE or Sparks? They are not usually that much more expensive than Galco, but not as available.
    I do not think that Eric has a large backlog.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links