Defensive Carry banner

Galco Concealable - Cheaper alternative?

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  JDE101 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Is anyone aware of a cheaper alternative to a galco concealble holster? In all honestly it's the best owb I've felt so far, but it's $80. I was wondering if there was a similar/cheaper option. If not I'll probably just bite the bullet but i figured I'd like into it first. Thanks!

#2 ·
I had a Galco OWB, I think it was called a YAQUIS or something like that. I bought it new for around $40.00 I have actually never seen an $80.00 Galco.

#4 ·
$30 cheap holster (thrown away) + $30 cheap holster (never used) + $30 cheap holster (spend two hours fixing and then don't use) = $90 for no effective holster.

I buy "cheap" if it's a Kydex holster for special or temporary use, but $70-$80 is what you should expect to pay, at least, for something decent.

You don't have to go to a custom $200 holster, but why compromise on something cheap when it may be important for you someday to actually get that gun into play?

#5 ·
Speaking from experience...the Galco is worth the money. Check Ebay before you buy...you may be able to find one slightly cheaper.

#6 ·
also check for dealers online , they seem to b cheaper than buying from galco direct. I'm going with lightingarms they have the fletch high ride for 60 plus shipping or the cop 3 slot for 48.50 plus S&H, might want to look them up.

i'm kinda limited since i carry a ruger p94

#8 ·
I wish I had a nickel for every nickel I ever spent on holsters. I believe a lot us may agree, that holsters are like' jewelry, fragrances, women’s shoes, and furniture. All of which are grossly marked up in profit.

Off the Soapbox:
You get what you pay for and carry devices are no different. I recommend that you really research, test and fit as many as you can. Consider your preferred dress code, daily activities, physical limitations and local environmental conditions. This will help to reduce the buyer’s remorse syndrome. Now, keep in mind that holsters are like clothing, and as such, you may likely be better served with at least two different style holsters, depending on those variables.
Regards,:bier:

#9 ·
Spend the money and buy the Galco Concealable. It's an excellent value for the price. I have one and I love it!:yup:

Give la sports a call. They have several in stock.

Remember, when you buy a cheap-o holster, that's what you get. Don't scrimp on price for something that could save your life.

#10 ·
I've learned the hard way that "cheap" ain't "cheap"! :tongue:

If funds are that tight I'd also suggest looking toward kydex to hold you over. OWB won't be as concealable but if you can't afford a good leather holster you'll have to make concessions.

Check the holsters being sold here by members too.

Good luck. :hand10:

#12 ·
Thanks for the Advice. I definitely want quality and will pay for it if necessary, I just tend to over research before I make a purchase and like to look at all the options.

I have a don hume 715 m open top clip for IWB, it's nice and was inexpensive but I cannot comfortably carry my pistol in it (Stoeger cougar 8000). I tried a galco concealable owb and it was super comfortable. I think I will most likely pick it up at the end of the month.

Thanks again for the advice

#15 ·
You might prefer the Galco due to its being readily available. However, have youy cosidered some excellent custom makers such as HBE or Sparks? They are not usually that much more expensive than Galco, but not as available.
I do not think that Eric has a large backlog.

Regards,
Jerry

#16 ·
I'm relatively new to concealed carry. I have a Kimber Custom TLE II and looked at quite a few different holsters at local gun shops. I decided that the Galco leather was heavier and better quality than most of the other brands locally available but couldn't find one in stock for my gun, so I began looking on line. I got a Galco Avenger OWB holster from Opticsplanet for less than $75 and free shipping. Their service was great, and I have subsequently purchased a Galco holster for my wife and Galco belts for both of us. They have other brands beside Galco as well.:yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.