Anyone ankle carry a Kahr PM9/MK9?

This is a discussion on Anyone ankle carry a Kahr PM9/MK9? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; .....if so, what kind of holster do you use? I'm looking for a good, secure ankle holster as another option of carry. Please let me ...

.....if so, what kind of holster do you use? I'm looking for a good, secure ankle holster as another option of carry. Please let me know your positive and negative experiences with carrying a Kahr in ankle holster.
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

The PM( would be much easier as it is lighter. The Alessi is the cream of the crop in ankle rigs if you can find one...but a Galco Ankle glove is also pretty well made.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

While the PM9 would be the easier of the two to carry, have you ever tried to get to an ankle holster as a main weapon in a hurry?

V E R Y S L O W W A Y T O D R A W A W E A P O N

I have a FIST IWB Tuckable and a FIST Pocket holster. Those two are going to be my mainstays. However, I work in an office, where I sit at a desk in an "office chair". Most standard draws, minus maybe a cross draw, would be slow from this position. From what I've researched, it may be the best use of any ankle carry as I'm already close to the weapon.

I have a PM9, but put the MK9 in the heading in case someone carried one of those instead.
    Last edited by ezenbrowntow; June 2nd, 2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: further info
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

bjh
    PM9 in the Galco ankle glove also. Very comfortable. Not as quick as conventional, but works well with slacks. If you sit behind a desk, it can draw pretty quick. Almost impossible from a standing position.

I carry an MK9 in a Ross Leather ankle holster often. It is a heavy pistol but with a decent holster it can ride well on the ankle.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I think my ankle holster is a Mitch Rosen (?)...I'm deployed right now, so I can't check. It's secured around the ankle with velcro and the gun is secured with a thumb break. IMO, very secure--when I have done some running around, the gun stayed secured. However, I recommend you use a garter that secures above your calf to keep the holster from sliding down your leg, not a holster that just wraps around your ankle.

With my MK9, I can use the 7-rd mag (easier to grip vs the 6-rd mag) and carry a spare mag in my pocket (and it is the only thing in my pocket--no money, keys, change, etc)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I have the Galco Ankle Lite for my PM9. Works pretty good. Thinking of getting an MK9 too and that may require the calf strap for support. I find you need just the right pants for these. Otherwise you look like you've got a tumor on your ankle. Definitely not for EDC.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Links