Defensive Carry banner

It's Here! Tuckable From HBE...

4K views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  dudester 
#1 ·
I'm obviously an impatient man. Great gun leather is worth the wait but the wait is never fun. :( So, when I went out to the mailbox today, you can imagine my elation! Say hi to my new "DC Tuckable" rig from HBE Specialty Leatherworks.

This holster was custom made for my CZ75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm. It is cowhide with shark trim.

The reason this is called a "tuckable" holster (for the uninitiated) is that the IWB holster rides the belt on offsets that allow you to tuck your covering garment (read shirt) around the outside of your pistol. This is a great feature since it allows you to carry concealed even when dressed semi formally.

The clips are designed for a 1.5" belt (per my request) and, as you can see here, will not pull off the belt when drawing the gun.

The backside is smooth and rides nicely agaist my tucked T-shirt.

The muzzle-end is an open design intended to keep debris (like lint, dirt & oil) from collecting at the gun's muzzle.

Finally, there is extra material at the rear of the holster to keep the slide and rear sight from digging into my skin. A great feature on any holster.

As the holster is still new, I can't give you any performance feedback, but I will post back at this link as I gain some miles "under my belt." In all I believe this is a classy and well made holster -as it should be. As shown here, the cost was $180 USD. (DC Tuckables start at $140)

See less See more
#3 ·
A perfect holster is always worth the wait...very nice leather!:hand10:

#7 ·
About a year ago Eric made a IWB holster for my S&W 3913. It's holding up great! It took him a little longer than expected, so he threw in a matching mag carrier for free! The perfect gentleman.

#8 ·
Is that an SP01? I just bought one not too long ago- holster selection for it sucks! If that's what you have it's good to know where I can get one.

Edit: Duh, I just read the rest of your post :) Thanks for the pics!

#12 ·
Is that an SP01? I just bought one not too long ago- holster selection for it sucks!... QUOTE]

I totally agree! The CZ SP-01 is a FABULOUS pistol. Great choice. ;) Unfortunately, not many reputable makers of aftermarket support equipment have stepped up to offer us CZ owners options. I really hope this gun will start getting the attention it deserves.

The only holster makers I know for the SP-01 are Bladetech, High Noon, one type of Fobus and HBE (Holsters by Eric). Eric carries the gun as his CCW and that's how he's able to form holsters for it. No blue guns out yet, unfortunately.

I wish you the best in your endeavor for support equipment.

#10 ·
I'm not big on metal clips but that's one darn good looking holster! :hand10:

#11 ·
Obviously well made... very nice...

#18 ·
Congrats Sir!!!:congrats: Very beautiful holster and really love the shark skin. Have the same model for my 1911 and it's holding up great after about 8 months!

I really like the metal clips. They keep the weapon VERY secure and don't break like the Kydex clips.

Hope your's gives you as much pleasure as mine. :bier:

SG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.