The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait - Page 2

The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait

This is a discussion on The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by johnsonabq Oh... the pain... the pain... I once again find myself in this quandary. Please help. I feel your pain. Awhile back ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    Oh... the pain... the pain...

I once again find myself in this quandary. Please help.

I feel your pain. Awhile back I ordered a handful of goodies from around the country for my birthday, and I have been waiting for them to arrive very anxiously. To make things worse I did a couple of items right away which made it even worse for those items that have lead times.

I am waiting on two holsters and a belt from the Beltman. I have already received my Wilderness Instructors belt and a Center of Mass safe.

OP, I feel your pain.
    EDC: Glock 30 IWB Tucker Gunleather - Silent Thunder
    Ruger LCP - BUG in front or back pocket

"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"

I am now awaiting two Alessi CQC/S holsters, and a Sparks belt with the PG option.

I have no idea when the Alessi holsters will arrive. I just last week bought a new CQC/S for a G26 off ebay. I did not pay much of a premium over the $139 Lou charged, and I now have one of Lou's holsters. It will be interesting to compare it with the two to come.

These days when I need a holster fast Fist is the first one to come to mind. I think that most of their OWB holsters tend to ride higher than I prefer, but I suspect the #7 with its lower cut front might be OK. The revolver holsters appear, in the photos, to be cut lower as far as when the gun clears the holster.

I am not sure that HBE is not about as fast as Fist, however, and while I have not seen one of Eric's holsters they are probably somewhat superior to Fist. I don't know who has both to evaluate the comparable quality.
    Eric does not offer the number of designs that Fist does. I recently queried him about a snap loop OWB, but he does not offer one.

Regards,
    Jerry

Yes FIST is faster but still 6-8 weeks. (More like 8 from the last one I bought) As opposed to someone on the internet with it in stock. But that's not what we want. We want hand made quality. That's what happens when you have expensive tastes.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Look what comes after long waits though. Just pure Quality... its a bullfrog trimmed Thunderbird from K&D holsters... Came today. My wait is over.

I sure am glad I don't have the same tastes in cars.

I might add that I only have one holster that has exotic trim. That is a holster from Alex Nossar who gave me the shark trim. What a gracious act, and I am grateful.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    Look what comes after long waits though. Just pure Quality... its a bullfrog trimmed Thunderbird from K&D holsters... Came today. My wait is over.
    Man, that's a great looking holster and that bullfrog is something else! That holster deserves it's own thread.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I sure am glad I don't have the same tastes in cars.

Regards,
    Jerry
    If I had as many expensive cars as I do holsters, I could sell 10 of them, retire and drive the other 10!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I waited 15 months for this Brigade Gunleather Shark trim M-11...I won't wait that long again. But I sure am glad I didn't canx my order...I love it It sure carries my CD-45 nice and the Quality is the best I've seen...Wished they had a faster lead time. I would order another for my 6906!

USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    One way to beat the long wait is to buy your holsters right here on Defensive Carry. I've purchased a Milt Sparks VM II, Brommeland IWB and FIST IWB. Total wait time for each was about a week and a half. Check out the members buy, sell and trade page.
    Another solution is gunbroker.com where many popular holsters are listed and Ebay, although on Ebay the bidding sometimes knows no bounds. Ebay is why Milt Sparks turned down Bonehead when he tried to add to his order. Another solution is the lesser known makers. I ordered a holster from HBE (Holsters by Eric), and received it in about 3 weeks. The workmanship was at least equal to my Sparks VM II. He also added reinforcement to the mouth and sweatshield at my request. Many of the more known makers will not modify or customize their designs.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Brigade wait time.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromtx View Post
    I waited 15 months for this Brigade Gunleather Shark trim M-11...I won't wait that long again. But I sure am glad I didn't canx my order...I love it It sure carries my CD-45 nice and the Quality is the best I've seen...Wished they had a faster lead time. I would order another for my 6906!

Actually Brigade does have a limited quantity in stock. Mostly for 1911 variations, however their price is $300+. However delivery is immediate.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The holsters I've ordered from Milt Sparks were for carry. So, I simply spent time practicing with the pistol till it arrived--that way I was very confident in it when that luscious beautiful piece of cow and shark hide arrived!

I'm about to order a shark belt from Sparks--gotta place the order to get the "waiting clock" ticking!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out Clint Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links