The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait

This is a discussion on The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please help. After you order a high quality leather holster and you settle in for the many months you are going to have to wait, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Unbearable High Quality Holster Wait

Please help. After you order a high quality leather holster and you settle in for the many months you are going to have to wait, how do you pass the time? Waiting for the feel of hand crafted leather to your touch. Waiting for the time when your favorite weapon will carry proudly in a sheath of hand boned beauty. What do you do to help the days/weeks/months go as quickly as possible? Oh... the pain... the pain...

I once again find myself in this quandary. Please help.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

That's easy. I play with the guns and holsters I've already got, and I spend a considerable amount of time deciding what holster I'm going to order next.

Oh, and there's that other cycle of activity that I participate in, but I don't give it much thought. You know the one: work, eat, sleep...
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Pack your gun away in the safe...buy a new one...take a month or two deciding which holster to order for the new one...pack that one away and repeat!

Hopefully by the time your on your third or fourth new gun the holster for the first gun will arrive. Then before you know it the holster for the second one will be there and so on and so on...It's a visious circle but it makes the time fly by

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Pack your gun away in the safe...buy a new one...take a month or two deciding which holster to order for the new one...pack that one away and repeat!

Hopefully by the time your on your third or fourth new gun the holster for the first gun will arrive. Then before you know it the holster for the second one will be there and so on and so on...It's a visious circle but it makes the time fly by
    Yes... I like it! I need more money! How much you got on you?
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I know the feeling! Waiting on a TT Gunleather leather/shark holster and matching mag pouch for my XD45acp. Their website still says working on January orders! My order was placed in April. Whew! Gonna be a long summer . . . and fall.

Well, I do have a new toy to help pass the time. My Bluegrass Holsters "Mason Dixon EC" arrived today for my also new Springfield 1911A1. My new Bluegrass Holsters gun belt should arrive in a week or two. So, I will be playing OWB carry with my 1911 for a few months.

I will say that the Bluegrass Holster "Mason Dixon" is one nice piece of work!! Very high quality leather with horsehide sweat shield inner combined with an excellent Kydex moulding. Gonna have to get one of these for my XD45 as well and the TT Gunleather holster will be for "dress" occasions!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Milt Sparks VMII order placed in January. Month 6 starting now. Should be here any day now......I hope.....
    HK45c V1

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Milt Sparks VMII order placed in January. Month 6 starting now. Should be here any day now......I hope.....
    I wish you well as come towards the end of your journey brother.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    I wish you well as come towards the end of your journey brother.
    Many thanks. I'll be sure to post up some pics and express my utter joy at finally receiving this hunk o'leather:)
    Honestly though, looking back on it, 6 months for a holster is absolutely ridiculous. Plus the fact they put the kibosh on my request to add to my order about 3 months into it (a gift for my friend's birthday). There are tons of great makers out there. I'll likely be looking elsewhere next time where the wait isn't so absurd.
    HK45c V1

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Many thanks. I'll be sure to post up some pics and express my utter joy at finally receiving this hunk o'leather:)
    Honestly though, looking back on it, 6 months for a holster is absolutely ridiculous. Plus the fact they put the kibosh on my request to add to my order about 3 months into it (a gift for my friend's birthday). There are tons of great makers out there. I'll likely be looking elsewhere next time where the wait isn't so absurd.
    I'm afraid that it seems that for the "Good Stuff", this is the way it is. Hence this sticky Where's My Holster?

With that said, what prompted this thread was an order I put in to TT Gunleather. This is the second order for me. The first arrived about a week or two before the estimated delivery so I can't complain.

"You pays your money and you waits your turn!'

And so it goes.

Just wait. Quality leather is unmistakable. And once you have it, you never go back!
    Jeff
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    I usually order my custom holsters (IWBs) so that the wait is in the colder months where it's easier to conceal an OWB holster then get a Galco Concealable OWB holster to hold me over till my IWB arrives!

Another way to go and I wish I could, is to order a custom holster twice every month... then after a while you'll have a new holster every 2 weeks!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have 3 milt Sparks VM2 holsters,2for my glock 27,1 black horsehide,the other brown,and 1 black horsehide,for my 1911's,but I got mine in a weeks time,thats why you have to wait 6 months,because Milt Sparks sells holsters by the dozen to people,that just buy them to sell on ebay to make a 50%mark up on there money,thats how I got mine,bought them on ebay.IMO Milt Sparks shouldt sell all those holsters to those people to sell on ebay,then the real gun owners,wouldnt have to wait 6 months then.......heres the link if you want to see what im talking about,there are about 10 different holster makes there,on left of page,click on the kind your looking for,and bid,youll have it in a week or so.....

Milt Sparks holsters | gun-holster.com

You pay more,but no wait,also so alot of used ones to work in one was a Side gaurd arrms made by erik,I carry my glock 27 in it while I work,dont have to worry about hurting it,only paid $38.00 for it

DC speacial by H.B.E

VIP Member
    Mitch,

Just so you know, Milt Sparks holsters does not knowingly sell to eBayers!

From Milt Sparks web site:

ebay'ers take note:
    It has come to our attention that some individuals have been ordering our product (most notably our model VM-2) for no other reason than for speculative sales on auction sites such as ebay. While we may admire the entrepreneurial aspect of those individuals and are flattered that some bidders are willing to pay well over 2 1/2 times the retail price just to have the item now instead of 6 months down the road. We are not impressed with the fact that some of these sellers have no real personal need for the product other than to make a quick profit on an internet sale and for that we already have authorized dealers.

Therefore, it is our policy going forward, that we will not accept any order, or an addition to any order and will cancel any order that has the earmarks of an order destined for speculative, or unauthorized dealer sales. As a manufacturer, we reserve the right to accept, decline or cancel any order for any reason and that includes limiting the items on an individuals order. Furthermore, the ebay speculators, as we determine who they are, will be forever relegated to our 'No Orders' list and we will ask our dealers to avoid these individuals as well.

Appended 3/6/09, in addition to the above:

Starting April 1 2009, we will only allow up to two VM-2 holsters per customer to any new order and they must be for different model guns! If you already have two or more VM-2's on an existing order, you will not be able to add any more to that order.

Over the last couple years there have been numerous problems with folks adding holsters to their orders, just to sell on auction sites such as ebay for profit. This self serving act only serves to jam up the system so that people that have a real need for those holsters, are unable to obtain a slot in our monthly quota because some greedy ***** uses up more than their personally needed share of our monthly allotment to sell for their own personal gain. (our quotas are based on total monetary value for the month and not the actual number of orders taken) When these people are caught (and we do go back and review previous orders for duplication) they are forever banned from ever doing business with us again. I realize the limitation on how many VM-2's one can order won't stop the practice of "buying to sell" completely, but it will hopefully make it harder for these folks to be profitable. Of course, if anyone knows who these people are, we would sure appreciate your letting us know. (end of update)
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

My wife has been rolling her eyes at me daily for the last month as I started checking our mail each day with eager hope. I had a little routine where I'd stop in front of the box, say a little "please, PLEASE be in there!," then slump into hopelessness when I found only bills and advertizing. I wish you peace, my brother in pain!

Quality counts, and it's worth the wait, but the way things have been going lately...you now wait for holsters, gun permits, AND ammo.
    I guess one just has to let it all go...time passes slowly if you try to concentrate on it.
    I've never waited that long for a Fist, but then in all fairness Fist doesn't make those extra fine holsters with special trims.
    Did I just say that?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Quality counts, and it's worth the wait, but the way things have been going lately...you now wait for holsters, gun permits, AND ammo.
    I guess one just has to let it all go...time passes slowly if you try to concentrate on it.
    I've never waited that long for a Fist, but then in all fairness Fist doesn't make those extra fine holsters with special trims.
    Did I just say that?
    I don't believe you said that!

BTW I have a few Fist holsters and there is a wait, just not as long.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links