Defensive Carry banner

Got My 5 Shot Leather!

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  orangehole 
#1 ·
My new holsters came today from John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather 5 Shot Leather, LLC - Home and boy are they gorgeous! :danceban:

The first is a special request I asked for, based on Lou Alessi's ACP/S, which is basically an Askins/Nelson type with a rear snap loop instead of a slot. I found a picture of an ACP/S a while back that, instead of being plain leather with shark trim, had a shark body with a plain mouthband. It looked great but sadly I never got a chance to order one like that from Lou, so I asked John if he would take on the job even though he normally didn't offer a holster like that. He was glad to do it and the result is outstanding. He even decided to call it the LFA-1 in honor of Lou's memory:

Here's the matching mag pouch:

The second holster is another SAP for my 3.5" S&W 29, this time in a beautiful mahogany color with elephant trim:

For no other reason than to show off, here's a picture of the black one he made for me last year with crocodile trim:

I think John does great work, and I plan to continue to order from him. It's also worth mentioning that he let me know that he recently started making holsters full time so his backlog should shrink down rapidly now. Thanks John, keep up the good work!

See less See more
#4 ·
Dang, I always get a case of the wants when I see nice holsters like that... I guess I'm starting to understand a woman's lust for shoes! :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.