Revolver Caught In Supertuck Holster

This is a discussion on Revolver Caught In Supertuck Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone, I'm a fairly new member and this is my first post. I've been reading a lot of the posts and have learned a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolver Caught In Supertuck Holster

Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly new member and this is my first post. I've been reading a lot of the posts and have learned a lot.

I recently bought a Crossbreed Supertuck holster for my S&W 642 snub nose revolver after reading the reviews on this and other forums.

I've carried the gun a couple of times while in public with no problems. The other day though, after wearing it for a few hours, I came home and tried to take the gun out of the holster before taking the holster off, and the gun wouldn't come out of the holster!!

After tugging on it a little bit, I gave up and removed the holster and gun together. After looking at it, I found that the revolver had pushed into the holster far enough that the edge of the cylinder had gotten caught under a very small lip on the edge of the Kydex which was preventing the gun from releasing. NOT GOOD!!

I guess I'll be taking a small, fine round file to that lip on the Kydex to get rid of it. Anyone else ever come across this problem?

Dave

VIP Member
    Hmm, I never seen or heard of this before so my opinion is flawed. Still, it that happened to me, I would either send the holster back and get a refund, or cut the damn thing in half so as to protect others’.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Email or call Crossbreed. He's stand up. I bet they'll fix it for you.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

pax
    I've seen something similar happen with a well-worn Crossbreed that had a hairline crack in it. The crack apparently loosened up the fit just enough to allow the gun to be shoved far enough down to become very stubbornly caught. (In this case it was a semi auto, not a revolver.)

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Mtac it is.

you can heat the area with a lighter and push it out a little to allow the revolver to be drawn unimpeded.I have a crossbreed that the picatinny rail on a SA MP45c was cathing on the bottom of the kdex and i heated the area and curved the area out a little I no longer ve any problems
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    you can heat the area with a lighter and push it out a little to allow the revolver to be drawn unimpeded.I have a crossbreed that the picatinny rail on a SA MP45c was cathing on the bottom of the kdex and i heated the area and curved the area out a little I no longer ve any problems
    The lighter trick is best done with one of those long lighters for starting barbeques. Hold it an inch or so away and keep it moving.The kydex gets a sort of shiny look when its soft.
    Don't overdo it.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Crossbreed does have great customer service, of course they need it since it looks like quality assurance on fit is lacking sometimes OMO. Once I get my refund from them I'm going with Mtac.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Just me as an old fashioned guy here...give Crossbreed a chance to fix it and/or make it right for you. If they dont ask for a refund and look at MTAC. I agree with others Crossbreed is known for their customer service...the owner is a member here and a sponsor.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'll look into it to see what can be done about it.

Crossbreed's customer service is great. I had an issue with one of the screws not staying tight. I sent an email and received a response the same day. Had a new set of hardware within 2 days. Big thumbs up for service.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Kydex can be easily remolded with a blow torch...don't get too close, but it can be easily fixed.
    You can loosen or tighten up a problem...I sure that you could fix the problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by emvair View Post
    Hi everyone,

I came home and tried to take the gun out of the holster before taking the holster off, and the gun wouldn't come out of the holster!!

I guess I'll be taking a small, fine round file to that lip on the Kydex to get rid of it. Anyone else ever come across this problem?

Dave
    I'd call Crossbreed first.
    If not, I'd use sandpaper, coarse then fine, rather than a file to fix it.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Sponsor
    Hi everyone,

I'm a fairly new member and this is my first post. I've been reading a lot of the posts and have learned a lot.

I recently bought a Crossbreed Supertuck holster for my S&W 642 snub nose revolver after reading the reviews on this and other forums.

I've carried the gun a couple of times while in public with no problems. The other day though, after wearing it for a few hours, I came home and tried to take the gun out of the holster before taking the holster off, and the gun wouldn't come out of the holster!!

After tugging on it a little bit, I gave up and removed the holster and gun together. After looking at it, I found that the revolver had pushed into the holster far enough that the edge of the cylinder had gotten caught under a very small lip on the edge of the Kydex which was preventing the gun from releasing. NOT GOOD!!

Dave
    We have had a recent issue with a couple other J-frame rigs and will be replacing all of our J-frame molds right away. I will also be kicking up the spot checks on revolvers for awhile.

As to your specific situation, we will make it right, period. With respect, the first course of action is to call or email us and give us an opportunity to correct any issues.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'll look into it to see what can be done about it.
    Please call or email, we are out of the office until Monday but do check emails periodically throughout the weekend.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Kydex can be easily remolded with a blow torch...don't get too close, but it can be easily fixed.
    You can loosen or tighten up a problem...I sure that you could fix the problem.
    A lesser heat source might be appropriate, such as a heat gun or even a hairdryer.

Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links