Anyone have both Crossbreed and M-Tac?

This is a discussion on Anyone have both Crossbreed and M-Tac? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am trying to decide between two IWB holsters for my Kimber Ultra II and also for my Smith & Wesson J frame. I have ...

Thread: Anyone have both Crossbreed and M-Tac?

Anyone have both Crossbreed and M-Tac?

I am trying to decide between two IWB holsters for my Kimber Ultra II and also for my Smith & Wesson J frame. I have narrowed it down to either the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe with horsehide backing or the Comp-Tac Minortaur MTAC. Does anyone have both of these holsters and can comment on likes and dislikes? I know they are both great products just wondered if anyone had personal experience with each. I like the C clip design offered by Comp-Tac and the colored clip options but they are pricy when compared to Crossbreed. Wonder if I can use the Comp-Tac clips on the Crossbreed? Any help is much appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Good luck I asked this exact question M-TAC or Supertuck
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Actually the CB w/horsehide is more than the MTAC. You could also look at the Spartan to save some cash. Do a search, this has been discussed quite a few times. If you think you'll carry a different gun now or in the future the MTAC is the way to go.

I've had a MTAC & it's a fine product. I got a bluegrass hybrid holster a few weeks back & to me it's more comfortable than the MTAC was. You should check it out as a option as well. It is also a little bit lesss expensive than your other 2 choices & replacement shells or backs are cheaper than the Comp-Tac shells are.
    Heres some pics of the Welcome to Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters This is the mason Dixon model. It can be worn either IWB or OWB.

Eyebedam- can you show a pick of the back side? Most of their holsters are a six month wait which I can't do. The other thing is I read they are not tuckable and I need to be able to tuck.

The Hybrid line which is what this is has a 14 day or less wait. I had mine in 3 days. If you do a post search or a thread search of my name you will find it. There are pics of the back of it in that. I'm on my iPhone at the moment & I can't do it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    Eyebedam- can you show a pick of the back side? Most of their holsters are a six month wait which I can't do. The other thing is I read they are not tuckable and I need to be able to tuck.
    14 Day to ship, Tuckable and A lifetime warranty with a 30-day trial period Welcome to Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

I have the same one that Eyebedam has, Mason-Dixon Hybrid and I love it!
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    +1 on the Bluegrass Holster. I also have the same holster as Eyebedam and I cannot stress enough just how quality this holster is and its cheaper than both MTac and Crossbreed with horsehide inner sweat shield.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I've had both SuperTuck and MTAC. For me, the MTAC is better. Holds the weapon tighter to my body and more comfortable over all. Quicker ship too.

I've got a Supertuck for the P-95 and a Minotaur MTAC for the GI style 1911. The MTAC has the superior construction, but the Supertuck is more comfortable for me with a 3:00 carry mainly because the sweat panel on the Supertuck does a better job of seperating body from gun parts. The Minotaur just does not keep the hammer of the "cocked & locked" 1911 from occasionally digging into my side (read love-handle), especially when driving. I still use it, but wish the coverage was better.

FWIW, I replaced the SuperTuck's belt clips with the new, thin, C-TAC "C" clips. They work very well and are much less noticable than the originals.

Nick
    Retired FBOP
    NRA Life member

Smile I Have to Agree

I have the Mtac and the CrossBreed Super Tuck and the Supertuck wins hands down. The Super TucK covers the Beaver tail and the hammer where as the MTac is a well built holster but it needs more leather on the top side between the pistol and my body LOL. At 6' and 345lbs it digs into my side.

Looking at the BlueGrass Holsters they llok like they might possibly have a better coverage between the beavertail and you

HCF
    Quote Originally Posted by INSPGAD View Post
    I have the Mtac and the CrossBreed Super Tuck and the Supertuck wins hands down. The Super TucK covers the Beaver tail and the hammer where as the MTac is a well built holster but it needs more leather on the top side between the pistol and my body LOL. At 6' and 345lbs it digs into my side.
    Thanks I think this helped make my decision

Links