Did I mention that I talked to Brian Enos about 11 days ago?

This is a discussion on Did I mention that I talked to Brian Enos about 11 days ago? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to order a Safariland 560 paddle/belt holster and discovered that Brian Enos sold Safariland products. Sooo, I called and he answered and I ...

Thread: Did I mention that I talked to Brian Enos about 11 days ago?

Senior Moderator

Did I mention that I talked to Brian Enos about 11 days ago?

I wanted to order a Safariland 560 paddle/belt holster and discovered that Brian Enos sold Safariland products. Sooo, I called and he answered and I got to talk to him.

There's an excellent book on shooting by him, I highly recommend it, "Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals". It only cost about $19.95.

I was aware that Todd Jarrot has used a 560 from time to time and Brian said that Rob Leatham really likes them. Well, that wasn't why I wanted one, but it's good to be in good company I guess. Maybe that'll make me shoot better!

The holster came in yesterday, and I got to wear it to walk Tangle last night and for the rest of the night. That's not much time for an evaluation, but...

Construction Ė wow! Iím not sure what to say. The thing is built like a battleship and fits the gun perfectly. It's a very rigid holster, do they have steel or polymer sandwiched between the suede and leather?

Concealment Ė itís a little weak in the concealment department. It seems to stick out a bit more than other styles(non-paddle) Iíve tried. But itís not bad. Actually, I guess all paddle holsters tend to stick out just a bit more than a good belt holster.

Wear - It's comfortable. It's got just a wee bit of wobble, again a nature of paddles I guess. And you can actually remove it without taking your pants off or contorting yourself into a pretzel to get it to turn loose. Don't laugh, some paddles are that hard to get off.

It's got about a 5į cant which I like.

Action - well it's got a suede liner and hence will take a while to break in, but even right now it's not as bad as most new leather holsters I've experienced. It has two tension screws to adjust the fit for retention and ease of draw to suit the user.

I haven't had time to make pics, but here's one of Tangle I like.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    So you got a good holster and got to talk to Brian. sounds like a winner.

Paddles do stick out more. You are also right I've had a couple that once they were on didn't want to let go for anything. Not quite what I was looking for, but I knew they weren't coming loose in any way.

-Scott-

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    So you got a good holster and got to talk to Brian. sounds like a winner.
    That's the way I see it. Kinda neat talking to Brian, esp. since I had read his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    ...You are also right I've had a couple that once they were on didn't want to let go for anything. Not quite what I was looking for, but I knew they weren't coming loose in any way.

-Scott-
    I guess that's one of those good/bad things - the good thing is they aren't coming off; the bad thing is they're not coming off.

Post a pic when ya get it .. Never was much on paddle's thou don't fit with my dunlop

Tangle,

So, want to tell a little more about the book, and maybe a link to where it can be found?

You've not steered me wrong on book suggestions yet! And I'm always happy to add to my library. . .

Good looking pooch, by the way!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I
    I was aware that Todd Jarrot has used a 560 from time to time and Brian said that Rob Leatham really likes them.
    Todd Jarrets dad owns a heat and air biz,up the road from me, last year he installed a furnace for me. He said he figures Todd done ok and won't be taking over the family biz, some people have all the luck.
    If its not loaded it just a paper weight!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    Tangle,

So, want to tell a little more about the book, and maybe a link to where it can be found?

You've not steered me wrong on book suggestions yet! And I'm always happy to add to my library. . .

Good looking pooch, by the way!

mm
    Thanks.

Brian is/was a very successful competition shooter. I read the book soley to see if the principles would improve my defensive shooting skills. I think it did.

Many things that apply to competitive shooting can be applied to defensive shooting. It addresses how to approach things and how to transistion between targets. He covers different sight picture requirements for various ranges in order to maximize shooting speed and accuracy.

Tangle was a stray mutt that came to a friends house wet, hungry, and limping. They called my wife and asked her if we wanted a dog. My wife called me and asked me if I wanted a dog. I said no. She said well we've got to pick her up by 6:00pm this evening. We did and I've been nothing but glad. She got named Tangle because she stayed tangled in my feet or kept the leash tangled around me.

Later I found out she had a lot of CLP in her. That's Cute Little Pest.

Cute dog!

Brian's book was the first (and best) I ever read on the "sight continuum." I can easily say it is the most helpful handgun book I ever read.

http://www.brianenos.com/store/books.html

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonshooter
    Cute dog!

Brian's book was the first (and best) I ever read on the "sight continuum." I can easily say it is the most helpful handgun book I ever read.

http://www.brianenos.com/store/books.html
    Remember "See what you need to see"? That really worked for me.

Links