Very Upset with my current holsters, thinking about a Supertuck

This is a discussion on Very Upset with my current holsters, thinking about a Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thought I would vent: Currently have a Bluegrass Mason-Dixon for my PPS, and I can't tell if it's me, my clothes or the holster. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Upset with my current holsters, thinking about a Supertuck

Very Upset with my current holsters, thinking about a Supertuck

Just thought I would vent:

Currently have a Bluegrass Mason-Dixon for my PPS, and I can't tell if it's me, my clothes or the holster. I can't wear it at all. I did put on my old mans SuperTuck when he was down here with his Taurus, and it was more comfortable that my Mason-Dixon and his gun is thicker! I also have a holster for my P2000, but either my clothes are too small or the gun is too fat (or I am). And I don't feel as comfortable with the size of the P2000 with the heat here in Florida.

I LOVE the quality of my bluegrass, but it doesn't want to form to my body like the thin leather of the Supertuck.... just frustrated.

There is my holster for the PPS.

Tell me what I should do so I can tell the wife

2. Remove Ads

The Supertuck is a great holster! I have one for my SP101 and it conceals very well and is also very comfortable!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Leather takes time to form to the shape of your body which is why some makers already put a bend or curve in their holsters. Don't give up on it, just give it some time. There just like new shoes which can take a fair amount of time to break in but at least a shoe is constantly in motion where a holster isn't!

VIP Member
    I have a CB Supertuck for the PF-9. I forget it is there. There is a two week free trial. If You don't like it return it for a refund. Now how can You beat that.

T-Shirt and shorts good to go.

Member Array Bluegrass Holsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post

Currently have a Bluegrass Mason-Dixon for my PPS, and I can't tell if it's me, my clothes or the holster. I can't wear it at all. I did put on my old mans SuperTuck when he was down here with his Taurus, and it was more comfortable that my Mason-Dixon and his gun is thicker! I also have a holster for my P2000, but either my clothes are too small or the gun is too fat (or I am). And I don't feel as comfortable with the size of the P2000 with the heat here in Florida.

I LOVE the quality of my bluegrass, but it doesn't want to form to my body like the thin leather of the Supertuck.... just frustrated.

There is my holster for the PPS.

Hey there! While I do not have a shell pattern currently available for the PPS, I would be happy to GIVE you a new hybrid holster for your P2000...your choice, the Ghost or MasonDixon....
    (this offer does not apply to all customers, just this one, yada, yada, yada)

Let me know!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

How long have you been wearing it?? Its going to take more than a month or two to get it fully comfortable. It took two or three months to get my CompTac Mtac comfortable.

My new Mason Dixon "EC" for my 1911 is stiff as a saw blade and is not as comfortable as it will become in a few weeks. Gotta give it time!
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Brock,

I love your work, by no means am I insulting the quality of your work.

Tally maybe you are right, I might just try it a little bit more. Unfortunately, the US Goverment doesn't want you to carry your own guns on base, so I only wear it on weekends. I will keep trying it but will look at a Supertuck.

VIP Member
    Hey there! While I do not have a shell pattern currently available for the PPS, I would be happy to GIVE you a new hybrid holster for your P2000...your choice, the Ghost or MasonDixon....
    (this offer does not apply to all customers, just this one, yada, yada, yada)

Good Service here again.

Brocks gonna give you 1 of his new hybrid holsters. They are a kydex/leather holster similiar only in materials to the Supertuck. I guarantee it will be the most comfortable holster you have owned to date. The leather backing on it will mold to your body very quickly. I find it much more comfortable than my MTAC which I hear is more comfortable than the supertuck.

Have you thought about wearing the PPS holster to work empty? That way you have more time with it & it will be able to mold to your body. I have a Mason Dixon in shark I know what you mean about stiffness. Once it gets broken in though it's gonna be so sweet.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Leather takes time to form to the shape of your body which is why some makers already put a bend or curve in their holsters. Don't give up on it, just give it some time. There just like new shoes which can take a fair amount of time to break in but at least a shoe is constantly in motion where a holster isn't!
    +1. I'd give it a month of constant wear and see if it breaks in. What carry position do you carry the rig at?

I carry my full size Springer at 4:00- 4:30 in a HBE DC Special. Was a liitle uncomfortable at first but now I don't know it's there. Works like a champ for me.

If it doesn't work out sell it and you'll be able to recoup most of your money for that beautiful rig.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

VIP Member
    I feel your pain. Holsters are my nemesis. I always seem to lose and never win on this particular accessory. As such, I’m very reluctant when it comes to selection. I prefer to use my Thunderwear whenever possible. It’s reasonably priced, it feels comfy, and it will hold a few different size guns. Ok, as others' have mentioned, it will take some time to soften up. I had a Galco that was as stiff as a board so I used a solution to help it along. Needless to say, that didn't turn out so well.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Saber; June 7th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have a Thunderwear, and will be taking Brock up on his offer, and will be commenting on the holster once I receive it. I plan on ordering a PPS skin once he receives the mold as well.

Member Array Bluegrass Holsters's Avatar
    I have a Thunderwear, and will be taking Brock up on his offer, and will be commenting on the holster once I receive it. I plan on ordering a PPS skin once he receives the mold as well.
    You can't go wrong with the hybrid....interchangeable backs and shells, tension adjustable draw, buried hardware, standard horsehide backs on the Ghost Hybrid and Baby Ghost Hybrid...no extra charge there, no extra charge for a "firing grip" as all holsters are designed to allow immediate access, and they are cut to prevent push-button magazine releases from touching the back of the leather thus eliminating the holster shell from possibly releasing your magazine. We also give you custom edge work where we finish the holster by mating the two layers of leather with a special blend of waxes and then apply a sealant. The backs of all the holsters are left natural to eliminate any chance at dye rub-off.

Here are some views of the holster and its construction:

Here is an example:

And one showing me wearing the holster:

An finally, showing the back and the edging of the holster halves:

Take care

Brock

VIP Member
    Looks good.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Them hybrids look very functional, But they are butt ugly IMO. Not bashing here. If it works for you go for it. Man, I must be gettin old!

Leather and old (pre-lock) S&W's just make my day.
    Good luck on your quest.

Brock, make a believer outta me. Send me a freebie and I'll pay shippng AND give it a thorough test with my old 5" Springer Standard 1911.

I'll compare it to my HBE DC Special and do a thorough/open minded ringing out or the leather and Kydex and pass on the carry test when complete.

VR,

Roger

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links