beltman vs Galco - Page 3

beltman vs Galco

This is a discussion on beltman vs Galco within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received notice that my Beltman belt has shipped. Ordered on July 10th. This is my second Beltman. Great company, excellent service. This belt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I just received notice that my Beltman belt has shipped. Ordered on July 10th. This is my second Beltman. Great company, excellent service. This belt probably would have shipped sooner except they had to wait for this bull to die to get a piece of leather large enough.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Beltman,. You'll be glad you did.. :-)

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    I just received notice that my Beltman belt has shipped. Ordered on July 10th. This is my second Beltman. Great company, excellent service. This belt probably would have shipped sooner except they had to wait for this bull to die to get a piece of leather large enough.

Hoss
    Dang Hoss, that's a big bull! You must be a big ole dude.

I ordered mine on the 10/11th also and just got my notification of shipment as well. This is my third from Jim. Excellent belts and excellent service always from The Beltman.

What encourages me is that you're already wise enough to narrow your choice to between a really fine production-quality (Galco) belt or a really fine custom-quality (Bullman) belt. So it's like your picking between a Springfield Operator or a Vickers 1911. You CAN'T possibly go wrong! As for the "worth the difference" question? You've already jumped well past the ojective part (quality) and have landed in the subjective part (how much quality). Subjectively? Go ahead and get the Bullman, (Cut the BS. You & we know you want to). Objectively? Flip & coin...then get on with it! Enjoy your pick.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Just got my Beltman in on Friday (a 63 day wait) but who's counting LOL. I'm not complaining tho. These days anybody doing so well as to be behind in delivery can only be admired. As for the belt. So far I love it. Got the 1-3/4" bull hide with the stiffener. If I have any complaints I'm not in love with the buckle. But they use screws as opposed to rivits to hold in place so some where along the line I'll find a buckle I like. And BTY it was $98.00 as I recall LOL.
    Yup....first thing I did was throw on a nice Harley buckle that I purchased!! lol I originally went with the 1 3/4 " but realized that most of my holsters would not fit so I got 1 1/2" instead. I usually wear a 1 3/4" if Im not using a waistband holster but Im getting used to the 1 1/2". Love the belt though....worth the wait. I also have one from CrossBreed...also nice.
    Regards,
    Shane Stagg
    Coopersburg, PA
    NRA Lifetime Member
    USCCA Member
    NAFC Lifetime Member

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Only Galco belt I have is for a western rig from 20+ years ago. Hasn't seen much use, but it's great quality!

Just got my first Beltman belt, and I like it a lot. Worn for about a week, I'll be doing a comparison post when I've worn it in a bit more.

I'll be comparing it to one from D.M. Bullard, I have one of his in tan. Around $60 delivered, about a 4 week wait, and he uses an awesome roller buckle that is superior to those from the Beltman. If you want black from Bullard, it'll cost and extra $4.95 and 5 days more wait time though. And buckles can be changed. I just want to compare the leather itself, if it's equal the Bullard is the better buy. If not, then they're both worth having.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

If you go with the beltman I suggest not getting the internal stiffner. I have one and it is so think none of my holsters will fit on it. If I had it to do over I would have done without the stiffener.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links