beltman vs Galco

beltman vs Galco

This is a discussion on beltman vs Galco within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know you get what you pay for but... Beltman- $100.00- $125.00 w/ 40day wait. Galco SB- $59.00- 3 day wait. Is the beltman twice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: beltman vs Galco

beltman vs Galco

I know you get what you pay for but...
    Beltman- $100.00- $125.00 w/ 40day wait.
    Galco SB- $59.00- 3 day wait.

Is the beltman twice as good as a Galco belt? Ive heard all good reviews about Galco. Cant see paying twice as much for a Beltman.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Just got my Beltman in on Friday (a 63 day wait) but who's counting LOL. I'm not complaining tho. These days anybody doing so well as to be behind in delivery can only be admired. As for the belt. So far I love it. Got the 1-3/4" bull hide with the stiffener. If I have any complaints I'm not in love with the buckle. But they use screws as opposed to rivits to hold in place so some where along the line I'll find a buckle I like. And BTY it was $98.00 as I recall LOL.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post

Is the beltman twice as good as a Galco belt? Ive heard all good reviews about Galco. Cant see paying twice as much for a Beltman.
    I recently bought a Beltman, and it was 79.95. Where do you get the price you quote?
    I would not pay the difference you quote, but I would prefer Beltman. I have not owned a Galco.

Regards,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Price Options. For one thing I'm a 300# man so had to pay the big guy up-grade. Also got the mylar stiffener and the 3/4" spacing on the holes. (glad I did too). Also went with the 1-3/4" wide model which costs more. add it all together and just shy of $100.00 and worth every penny.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

There are more options:

- Bluegrass Holsters belts are very nice at $60+ dollars and take about 4 weeks to deliver
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Honestly Beltman belts are worth the money. Been using them for years and they really hold up well and look sharp. The two I have are the 1.5 inch belts in bullhide for $80, the price difference isn't that bad at all compared to the Galco, and they are custom which really helps to get a great fit. I would give them a try if you have a little time to wait for it.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Just ordered my beltman belt. 1.5" black with basket weave impression and stiffener (Will be using it for work also) I'm not a huge fan of the 40 day (or up to 63 day) wait, but I think it will be worth it.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I concur. Beltman superhigh quality. Belt will last a lifetime. Well worth the wait.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Beltman rocks!!! I've had my beltman horsehide 1.5" with seven holes for almost a year. And I wear it almost every day. I need another in brown.

Ive heard good things about beltman. I ordered a crossbreed belt and am very happy with it. I think it was about 70 dollars. Got it in about two weeks. You may want to give them a shot.

I thought about purchasing a Galco belt at the gun show. They had all sizes, etc. I just hung it back up and ordered a Beltman belt. I can say there is a difference in the quality and stiffness of the belts.

I have never owned a Galco belt but like the quality of their holsters. I got my Beltman about three weeks ago and wear it with almost everything nearly every day. I truthfully haven't had the occasion to carry with it yet, but it does a terrific job of holding up my pants! I got the 1-1/2" bullhide and it's the best belt I've ever owned. Waited 40 days.

I own 2 Beltman's, one Black, one Brown. Wear 'em every day with dress slacks to work and on the weekends with jeans.

You can buy a belt @ 1/2 the price of the Beltamn but repalce it each year or purchase a Beltman and wear it for years. You do the math!
    ...T. Ray

I own both - they each have their purpose. For suits and slacks I prefer Galco - softer and more supple, not as hard on my clothes. For casual, and/or loaded for bear - there's no comparison - beltman belts are stiff, tough, and durable.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Among others, I have a Beltman. Best belt (so far anyway) that I've ever owned.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links