Defensive Carry banner

beltman vs Galco

7K views 36 replies 30 participants last post by  BigLaw 
#1 ·
I know you get what you pay for but...
Beltman- $100.00- $125.00 w/ 40day wait.
Galco SB- $59.00- 3 day wait.

Is the beltman twice as good as a Galco belt? Ive heard all good reviews about Galco. Cant see paying twice as much for a Beltman.

#2 ·
Just got my Beltman in on Friday (a 63 day wait) but who's counting LOL. I'm not complaining tho. These days anybody doing so well as to be behind in delivery can only be admired. As for the belt. So far I love it. Got the 1-3/4" bull hide with the stiffener. If I have any complaints I'm not in love with the buckle. But they use screws as opposed to rivits to hold in place so some where along the line I'll find a buckle I like. And BTY it was $98.00 as I recall LOL.

#35 ·
Yup....first thing I did was throw on a nice Harley buckle that I purchased!! lol I originally went with the 1 3/4 " but realized that most of my holsters would not fit so I got 1 1/2" instead. I usually wear a 1 3/4" if Im not using a waistband holster but Im getting used to the 1 1/2". Love the belt though....worth the wait. I also have one from CrossBreed...also nice.

#4 ·
Price Options. For one thing I'm a 300# man so had to pay the big guy up-grade. Also got the mylar stiffener and the 3/4" spacing on the holes. (glad I did too). Also went with the 1-3/4" wide model which costs more. add it all together and just shy of $100.00 and worth every penny.

#6 ·
Honestly Beltman belts are worth the money. Been using them for years and they really hold up well and look sharp. The two I have are the 1.5 inch belts in bullhide for $80, the price difference isn't that bad at all compared to the Galco, and they are custom which really helps to get a great fit. I would give them a try if you have a little time to wait for it.

#7 ·
Just ordered my beltman belt. 1.5" black with basket weave impression and stiffener (Will be using it for work also) I'm not a huge fan of the 40 day (or up to 63 day) wait, but I think it will be worth it.

#19 ·
I ordered a crossbreed belt and am very happy with it. I think it was about 70 dollars. Got it in about two weeks. You may want to give them a shot.
I also ordered a Crossbreed belt. It's really nice. But, I wore it with the regular clips that come on the Supertuck & immediately ruined it. The clip scratched it up really bad...probably had pressure on it from the car seat. I've heard the same thing from others.

#12 ·
I have never owned a Galco belt but like the quality of their holsters. I got my Beltman about three weeks ago and wear it with almost everything nearly every day. I truthfully haven't had the occasion to carry with it yet, but it does a terrific job of holding up my pants! I got the 1-1/2" bullhide and it's the best belt I've ever owned. Waited 40 days.

#14 ·
I own both - they each have their purpose. For suits and slacks I prefer Galco - softer and more supple, not as hard on my clothes. For casual, and/or loaded for bear - there's no comparison - beltman belts are stiff, tough, and durable.

#15 ·
Among others, I have a Beltman. Best belt (so far anyway) that I've ever owned. :yup:

#17 ·
I have a couple Galcos and if you want the same quality as Beltman, the Galco you want is $100.00 not the $59.00 one! :wink:

#18 ·
I have a Galco SB3 dress belt that I wear all the time with khakis and polo shirts. It also fits right in with slacks and a dress shirt. So if that's the kind of situation that you need a belt for I highly recommend it. I can't imagine a custom belt being better in finish, quality or appearance for this purpose.

#21 ·
I ordered a Beltman after doing allot of research.. From what I find there isn't anything that compares,.. If you want a cheaper belt that will last for a time,. The Glock Store has a Kevlar lined belt for $35,.. It does a good job, but does start to break down in time.. Regular belts last a couple months and don't hold well, the Kevlar one holds better, but still don't hold up great,. I'll be interested to see how long the Beltman holds up.. From what I hear, it is the best..

#22 ·
I just received the shark skin Beltman belt I ordered about 8 weeks ago as a gift from my better half. It looks like it'll last forever; I just hope my current waist size lasts as long.

Jim (the beltman) lives and works in my home town and his wife and mine know each other through small business networking. We were honored with a tour of his facility and his operation is top notch. It's just the three people on his website making the best belts available as efficiently as they can. They're all super nice and funny to boot.

#25 ·
Somewhere, I think I read Beltman doesn't charge your credit card, till he cuts the belt out. Is this correct? My 40 days were up Tuesday. I checked my credit card account, and he charged my account along about same time. I'm anxiously waiting. How long does it take him to make it after cutting it out?

#31 ·
I just received notice that my Beltman belt has shipped. Ordered on July 10th. This is my second Beltman. Great company, excellent service. This belt probably would have shipped sooner except they had to wait for this bull to die to get a piece of leather large enough.

Hoss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.