Holster Crisis!!!

Holster Crisis!!!

This is a discussion on Holster Crisis!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need some help. I currently have 3 holsters to choose from and i can't decide on which one to use. I have a standard ...

Thread: Holster Crisis!!!

Holster Crisis!!!

I need some help. I currently have 3 holsters to choose from and i can't decide on which one to use. I have a standard Fobus holster, Skeleton hip holster and a IWB holster, i can't figure out which one to use. The Fobus holster is way too noticable and prints way to much and the skeleton holster is good but prints a little too. I need help, don't have much funds to buy a new holster when i just bought the skeleton holster a couple of weeks ago. I used to use the IWB holster in the front at 12 oclock and its comfortable but not what i want. I recently tried the IWB holster at 3:30 and it seems to be alot more comfortable and doesn't print hardly at all. How many people use the IWB holster at 3:30? Is this a good way to carry? I just need some insight and some advice on what you all think. I want to carry comfortably and affectively but don't want to seem like a loser doing it. It seems childish i know but i'm in a holster crisis and could use some help. My wife doesn't mind that i carry but gets aggravated when i take longer than her getting ready when i have to choose the holster i want to use and the clothing that will conceal it good. She gets irritated when i carry sometimes and i find myself asking why? She doesn't seem to understand that it pays to be ready or atleast prepared for a situation that might call for the use of my handgun. How can i change her mind or atleast educate her on the seriousness of the situation? I have already showed her the crime rate of the area that we live in which include burglary and assult to name a few. What do you think the best way to carry is? I'm stuck.

IWB is the way to go IMHO.

Remember i'm new to this what does IMHO mean?

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    IWB is the way to go IMHO.

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

VIP Member
    I carry IWB at the 3:30-4:00 position. It conceals my CZ 75 P-01 and P-06 with no problems at all and is quite comfortable. While a 12:00 carry might be fine for standing and walking I don't think it is conducive for sitting with a gun with any size to it. I pretty much limit my OWB holsters to cooler weather where I wear a jacket as a cover garment.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I carry a full size auto at 3-4 o'clock in an IWB no problem. My alternate carry is a snubby, and I have a high ride OWB for that, but all my shirts cover it easily. If it we're any bigger, I wouldn't OWB until jacket weather.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

For IWB you may want to move it back and try it at 4-4:30 to see how it rides. That's about where I carry.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

My mistake i guess, it seems to be at 4 or so and its pretty comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    For IWB you may want to move it back and try it at 4-4:30 to see how it rides. That's about where I carry.

I use the IWB all the time and love it. I wear it at 4:00 and its comfy and accessable.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamcop84 View Post
    My mistake i guess, it seems to be at 4 or so and its pretty comfortable.
    No mistake. Carry where YOU'RE comfortable. We're just offering suggestions from our experience. If you can access it, conceal it and it's comfortable, it makes little difference that you carry it at 2, 3, 4, even 5 or whatever. You just need to watch for printing and riding as you move it about.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I really appreciate it and 4 oclock i think is the spot for me. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    No mistake. Carry where YOU'RE comfortable. We're just offering suggestions from our experience. If you can access it, conceal it and it's comfortable, it makes little difference that you carry it at 2, 3, 4, even 5 or whatever. You just need to watch for printing and riding as you move it about.

VIP Member
    …Honey, does this M2 caliber-fifty machine-gun go with my red sneakers?
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

The whole subject of "how to carry concealed" is very personal and subjective. The right place on your body is based on the contours of your body, your personal comfort level, etc. In general IWB carry will afford you the best concealed carry choices. However, one thing that is really not debateable is the need for a good gun belt. A stiff belt that offers a solid platform upon which your gun/holster combo can be comfortably and effectively suspended. A good gun belt is an absolute must - no debate here.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Administrator
    "I have a standard Fobus holster,"

You sure nailed the problem with Fobus. Great for the range and not so good for daily carry.

Try OWB in a good quality leather pancake holster located at 3:30 and just keep an untucked shirt over it. Pick a holster that cants your firearm forward and moves the gun butt up.
    I carry that way every day except in the Winter and heavy coat season when I switch to a shoulder rig.

Just for example...here is one by Bruce Gibson.
    I just happened to know right where this photo was at but, there are many great holster makers that make a similar forward cant pancake that will pull the gun butt in close and make for a very easily concealable OWB package.

Sponsored Links