What holster do you have for your P14/16?

This is a discussion on What holster do you have for your P14/16? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Para Ord P16-40 from gunbroker.com. What holster do you carry yours in? I'd love to get a Sidearmor but they don't ...

I just bought a Para Ord P16-40 from gunbroker.com. What holster do you carry yours in? I'd love to get a Sidearmor but they don't make them to fit the Paras. Shame, I loved my G30 IWB. If I can't find anything, I will go Fist Hybrid like for my snubbie. I'd like to keep prices less than $100 shipped and not have to wait more than 2 weeks.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm
    I'd like to keep prices less than $100 shipped and not have to wait more than 2 weeks.
    Anyone of our holster makers could make just what ya want, but getting it in 2 weeks isn't going to happen. Good things come to those who wait. If ya wanna buy a bunch of holsters tring to find the right one go ahead, but it would be better for you to wait the 4-6 weeks and get exactly what ya want. You are going to need a quality holster for that Para as they are a heavy pistol, anything ol thing is not going to do.

I'm impatient. The wait on the Kimber was too long so I went and got a P16-40 that I will make a 10mm instead and put the Kimber project on the back burner. I hate paying for stuff and having to wait.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Understood re: the wait .
    What can you do?
    I have a P13 Limited that I have not been able to find a holster for. I'm sure Kevin could come up with som'n for me.
    Ask not what your country can do for you....

Try http://www.lightningarms.com .
    Craig and Audrey Chadwick carry Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, Galco and one of the kydex brands. Other than that, I guess you can start shooting out emails or phone calls to all our resident gurus. Just curios, what's the dimensional difference between a Para hi-cap and any other 1911? I would've thought the slide and dust cover would've been close enough to be interchangeable?
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Try http://www.lightningarms.com .
    Craig and Audrey Chadwick carry Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi, Galco and one of the kydex brands. Just curios, what's the dimensional difference between a Para hi-cap and any other 1911? I would've thought the slide and dust cover would've been close enough to be interchangeable?
    Jack
    Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

The difference being the wide grip body. Some (hesitate to say 'most' cause I don't know for sure) holsters go past the grip frame and don't just grab the slide like the Yaqui holsters. Because the grip frame is wider on the Paras, they will not work with holsters designed to cover some of the grip, as in the case with Sidearmor (cries profusely that they won't fit). Galco makes holsters that fit the Para, I was looking at the Royal Guard or the Summer Comfort. Fist makes them for the Para as well. That is Plan B.

The slides are the same dimestions it is just the grip frame dimensions that are different. The hi-cap 1911s have a wider frame by the grip than the single stack versions do. The fit issue is with the grip width and not the slide itself.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Ordered a Glaco Concealable OWB and a G&G inside pant holster from copsplus.com. We'll see how they do when everything gets here.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm
    Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

The difference being the wide grip body. Some (hesitate to say 'most' cause I don't know for sure) holsters go past the grip frame and don't just grab the slide like the Yaqui holsters. Because the grip frame is wider on the Paras, they will not work with holsters designed to cover some of the grip, as in the case with Sidearmor (cries profusely that they won't fit). Galco makes holsters that fit the Para, I was looking at the Royal Guard or the Summer Comfort. Fist makes them for the Para as well. That is Plan B.

The slides are the same dimestions it is just the grip frame dimensions that are different. The hi-cap 1911s have a wider frame by the grip than the single stack versions do. The fit issue is with the grip width and not the slide itself.
    +1 on Lightning Arms and you can probly get your holster within a week.Your gun will use the same kind of holster as a single stack 1911.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Links