Have questions about Galco paddle holster

This is a discussion on Have questions about Galco paddle holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here have any experience with Galco's speed paddle holster for the S&W J-frame snubby? If so could you please post a pic of ...

Thread: Have questions about Galco paddle holster

Have questions about Galco paddle holster

Does anyone here have any experience with Galco's speed paddle holster for the S&W J-frame snubby? If so could you please post a pic of yourself wearing it? I'm trying to get an idea of how it rides/concelas one of these little snubbies. Do you think this holster would work well for me since I have a bad back and sciatica nerve trouble as well?

I do have a proper gun belt but all I can really carry these days are small light guns barbecue of this. I'm hoping this paddle holster with my 340 M&P would work well but need owner input thanks for any help.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

I have one that I have used for my 642. It is convenient and easy to put on, reach and draw from, but that is because it holds the gun out away from my body more than a belt holster normally does. It does not conceal as easily as a belt holster, but how well it conceals on you would probably depend on your build and clothing choice. I don't use mine right now because I can carry a flat auto that is easier to shoot well, has more punch, and conceals more easily with less bulge under the same cover garment. I can try to get you a pic, but it will be a day or two.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have one for a J frame. It does not hold the gun close to the body, therefore I never wear it. Others such as Comp-Tac do a much better job, and if it got down to it, the Fobus is much better in my view.

From what I have read,and from people who know, the Kramer paddle is the gold standard. It is pricey, but worth it if one wants to wear it a lot.
    Kramer Handgun Leather: Revolver holsters, concealment holsters, paddle holster, 1911 holster, ankle holster

I cannot recommend the Galco, as mine is not satisfactory.

Regards,
    Jerry

Links