Defensive Carry banner

oversized

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BIGSHOW 
#1 ·
looking for a shoulder holster for my glock 21 that will fit a big man like myself wearing a 5x shirt im not sure where to turn

#3 ·
hey thank you for your info i just put a tape around my chest and it was 54 snug but if you happen to come across something i would welcome the email or responce i think i need something in the range of a 56 cheat or some custom made one im not sure where to turn thank you for your time

#8 ·
I have a DeSantis N.Y. Undercover that I had for over 6 years. Now I will tell you that I have gained more weight then loss and it still fits. I did take a tape of my chest, in a relaxed state and it comes to about the same as you. On the web site DeSantis states this rig fits up to 54. If you want I can try to get some pictures either today or tomorrow with the rig on.

James

BTW, my Glock 23c fits very nice with it.

#4 ·
Hey bigshow,

As all of us who shop the "big & tall" sections know, very little will fit us "off the rack". I'm guessing that you will have to go with a custom job.

The good news is that there a whole lot of really good holster makers out there. Good luck in your hunt.

BTW, nice choice on the G21. Carry one myself. Gotta love the big bang sticks!

#6 ·
Try looking at FIST..they seem to make some very nice custom stuff for very reasonable prices and their shoulder rigs look pretty nice.

#7 ·
Andrews Custom Leather

I have monarch shoulder holsters from him. I'm 6', 270 w/ 54 inch chest measured with tape. I had same concern as you (even though I am not as big as you). Spoke to the owner. Was satisfied there would be no problems. I carry a glock model 20 (same size as 21) and have no problems. I only carry it during hunting or when in the woods, but no problems yet. And it is adjustable for a bigger size.

#9 ·
Any leather worker should be able to extend or lengthen the harness straps for you.

ALSO and just FYI - GALCO has a Custom Shop.

Call the Galco Custom Shop and see if they can set you up with one of their shoulder holsters "fit" with extra long harness straps.

I'm certain they will be happy to accommodate you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.