My free hybrid holster from Bluegrass Holsters - Page 2

My free hybrid holster from Bluegrass Holsters

This is a discussion on My free hybrid holster from Bluegrass Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good glad it is working out for You. Good deal....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My free hybrid holster from Bluegrass Holsters

VIP Member
    Good glad it is working out for You. Good deal.

Uh? How did you manage to get it for free?????? I would def. like in on this..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Dang Cuban!! Why do you wear the gun so far around your back? I guess its nice to be young and can actually reach that far around without your shoulder popping and cracking, and pain! Have you ever tried to wear it more along your side say at 3:30 or 4:00 o'clock position??

Any holster will hide well if you wear it where you have yours.
    I can't wear it on my side, as when I sit down it digs into my hip. It does the same thing with my PPS. and when I tried on my old mans Supertuck with his taurus it did the same. I'm not sure why. Maybe my love handles push the gun out. It is nice to still be young though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adamcop84 View Post
    Uh? How did you manage to get it for free?????? I would def. like in on this..!!!
    I don't know...Karma I guess.

Have you ever tried to wear it more along your side say at 3:30 or 4:00 o'clock position??
    Restless morning...So I tried it

I retract my previous statement about it digging into my hip. This is comfortable, but slower on the draw. I have to use my reaction hand to lift up my cover shirt. If I carry it near the 430 500 I can lean forward and toss my cover shirt with the same hand.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Now that looks sharp!!

I believe, if I were you, I would get used to carrying that way there. Instead of a "shirt sweep" to draw just lift and tuck the shirt tail behind the pistol butt then draw! Its almost one smooth motion with the draw hand. Its also more comfortable while driving, well, to me it is anyway. Mostly though, it is because of my old shoulders and not being able to reach that far around quickly and without pain.

And to you others asking how he got it for free, it is because Brock at Bluegrass Holster was kind enough to send him one. Brock is awesome but don't try to scam him and take advantage of his kindness. I ask for nothing free. I paid for mine and am not jealous that someone got one as a gift.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

And to you others asking how he got it for free, it is because Brock at Bluegrass Holster was kind enough to send him one. Brock is awesome but don't try to scam him and take advantage of his kindness. I ask for nothing free. I paid for mine and am not jealous that someone got one as a gift.
    Brock is an awesome guy that's why I ordered my first holster from him while on deployment.

That is one sharp looking holster. I just ordered one just like it (front & back horsehide) this week after seeing Brock wearing it in your first thread. I also ordered the Kydex and Leather Combination Attachments to go with it. I can't wait for mine to arrive.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Gee... I've never had a Bluegrass holster but if I complain about it anyway, can I get a hybrid freebie too?

(Sig P-220R Elite Carry)
    Careful Thumper. I joked on around the same lines on the original post and got blasted. Think I stated "Them hybrids look very functional, But they are butt ugly IMO. Not bashing here. If it works for you go for it. Man, I must be gettin old"!

Also asked to test one out for free. Life's too darn short to get the BP up over a non bashing comment.

Cuban,

Hope the holster serves you well. I'm a retired USCG E-8 Helo Rescue Swimmer, whom almost went the "M" route, but refused to move the family to New Orleans. Good thing as Katrina would of hit us if I'd taken warrant. How are things in Miami? Did 3 years at Opa Locka, but lived in Sunrise and packed my Springer .45 everywhere! Pulled it on 2 seperate occasions with positive results (no shots needed). Them big .45 holes tend to scare folks!

VR/

SG
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I'm actually in Tampa. I am an MK1 now, but I took this May's Service Wide. I didn't think I was eligible, and only found out 20 days before the test, not enough time to study. I am sitting at average right now. I think my sea time will help, 6.5, but not my time as an E-6, 22 months. We will see. Hopefully, I get within the top 50% and I'll put in my package....we will see. I also don't want to go to New Orleans!!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban11182 View Post
    I'm actually in Tampa. I am an MK1 now, but I took this May's Service Wide. I didn't think I was eligible, and only found out 20 days before the test, not enough time to study. I am sitting at average right now. I think my sea time will help, 6.5, but not my time as an E-6, 22 months. We will see. Hopefully, I get within the top 50% and I'll put in my package....we will see. I also don't want to go to New Orleans!!
    Small world cuban!!! I was at the Air Sta in Clearwater for 7 years. Still have my winter house in Largo. Flew in the old HH-3's as a flight mechanic during Mariel in 1980 and loved it!. Did alot of TAD time in Gitmo (9 mos.) and didn't love it!! Did 3 in Miami and couldn't wait to get outta there.

I wish you the best of luck on your career, whichever way you go! Nail them EPME's! Best 24 years of my life. You have to do Alaska. 4 years on Kodiak and 3 in Sitka. Swapped between Fl and Ak four PCS's. Just can't stand that heat in the summer down there.

Semper Paratus and stay armed and safe!

VR/

Roger Chivers Jr. ASTCS USCG Ret.
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; June 14th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Gotta say, I had NO IDEA where it was in the blue t-shirt photos. Great concealment! Glad you like it.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links