Bluegrass Hybrid Holster pic for a 1911?

This is a discussion on Bluegrass Hybrid Holster pic for a 1911? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a pic of a Bluegrass Hybrid Holster for a full size 1911? If so, could you post it? Thank you....

Thread: Bluegrass Hybrid Holster pic for a 1911?

Does anyone have a pic of a Bluegrass Hybrid Holster for a full size 1911?

If so, could you post it?

Thank you.
    Keep your powder dry

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Dang!! That is the exact holster I have but I have no camera. I have the Mason Dixon. Trust me, its nice!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Tally, is your holster for a 1911? If so how is the fit? Does the gun lock/snap in? Retention? Which clips do you have if you have clips?
    Keep your powder dry

Yes, my holster is for a full size 5" 1911 (I carry a Springfield G.I. in it) without a rail. The Kydex moulding is absolutely perfect fit and is very nice and cleanly molded.

Retention is adjustable of course and there is plenty of retention available. It is actually more adjustable for retention than the Mtac is. It is however, much thicker and stiffer initially than the Mtac and is a bit better in construction and stitching.

Does it "snap" in? Not exactly. Not as much "snap/lock" as my CompTac Mtac has when I slide my XD45 into it. There is less of a dimple in the trigger guard area than on the Mtac.

It only comes with one choice of clips. They are similar, but wider, to the standard "over the belt" clips on the Mtac only with less adjustment holes. They feel to be of the same material and same quality. The mounting holes for the clips are low and this makes the holster just as tuckable as the Mtac is. When wearing OWB the clips come off and the screw bases are mounted so they are flush with the outer layer of leather. They are almost invisible to the eye. One guy, at the range today, had to ask how to mount the clips! He didn't see the screw holes and he had the holster in his hand! Now he is convinced of the quality and is placing his order this week.

I have not worn it IWB yet so I cannot comment on that. I purchased this holster with primarily OWB wear in mind, but chose the "Mason Dixon EC" because it does offer IWB capability.

I cannot say I have had a lot of holsters in my hands before, but of all those I have handled this one has, by far, the highest quality workmanship and materials. Get the horsehide inner sweat shield! You will like it!! It is like having mink skin against your body instead of cowhide.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.

Thanks Tally. I don`t have the audible click/clink/snap for my 1911 in the MTAC either. My XD45 Tact snaps into place in the MTAC.

I have a cousin that has a CCW and wants an IWB holster, so I will order the BlueGrass Hybrid for my 1911 SA1911 milspec that has a little work done on it.

Thanks again Tally.
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbrass View Post
    Thanks Tally. I don`t have the audible click/clink/snap for my 1911 in the MTAC either. My XD45 Tact snaps into place in the MTAC.

I have a cousin that has a CCW and wants an IWB holster, so I will order the BlueGrass Hybrid for my 1911 SA1911 milspec that has a little work done on it.

Thanks again Tally.
    I think that is because of the width of the XD45 trigger guard. It stands out much more prominent than the 1911 trigger guard.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the BGH since you have an Mtac as well. Just think Mtac with twice the quality and much better looking.

I looked at my MTAC and it does not have the click, but when it is on me the gun is held very securely. I think if I have to pull the gun in certain situations the click may give me away.

I also looked at a video and placed the clips on my pants, tucked in my t-shirt and carried all day long. When getting ready for a shower and bed the wife noticed that I was carrying.

The MTAC works.
    Keep your powder dry

Links