my printing paranoia

This is a discussion on my printing paranoia within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While i was waiting on my permit wearing around the house it used to drive me crazy. I could see every little thing. I adjusted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my printing paranoia

While i was waiting on my permit wearing around the house it used to drive me crazy. I could see every little thing. I adjusted the cant of the holster and got a good belt and it helped alot. Now that ive been carrying for a month or so i really dont think about it. I still check to make sure my shirt hasnt ridden up when i get out of the jeep and i try to bend at the knees but other then that i forget about it. No one notices. I live in an open carry state so if they do its no big deal. Im legal so its all good.

2. Remove Ads

The longer you carry, the less printing is an issue. It's all in your head. You notice it a lot more than anybody else ever will.

I recently went to dinner with 15 other people who were all carrying. A varied mixture of IWB and OWB, and a range of guns that went from LCPs all the way up to Glock 17s. Lots of printing going on. We walked in past 2 LEOs and were walking around for a couple of hours. Nobody noticed a thing! And this place was packed.
    Question Everything!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Id say the normal time for people to chill out when carrying is between 6 months and a year. Everyone does the casual touch the gun to make sure its still there...rub your lower back to make sure the gun is still there. And you think everyone can see it and KNOWS you have a gun......
    It will all subside in time.
    The holster should hold it very close to the body....maybe shifting the gun or getting a holster with a tad more cant will help. If you really need to print less and its not just the thing discussed above.
    God bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links