Defensive Carry banner

Comp-Tac 2 o'clock for the LCP-REVIEW

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  asolo 
#1 ·
Got a Comp-Tac holster 2 o'clock for my LCP in the mail the other day for IWB carry. I searched high and low for a decent IWB holster that would be thin enough to take advantage of the size of the LCP, have proper retention, and was good quality. I have a desantis pro-stealth (the IWB that has an extra mag pouch and it is well made and priced right but doesn't have any retention and is a bit thick for my liking. I came across the Comp-tac 2 o'clock but couldn't find any reviews/pics of it with an LCP or Kel-tec .380. I have an MTAC for my G19 and I'm impressed so I decided to give this one a try.The 2 o'clock is well made, all kydex, has a single belt clip attachment, and is tuckable. As I said, I love the adjustable retention and how thin it is. At $60 plus $8 shipping, it's a bit steep in price, but I think if you can get one holster that you are happy with then it is worth every penny. I would like a ride height adjustment but other than that I can't find any faults with this holster. I'm not a fan of the 2 o'clock position on any holster but this one performs well. I'm more of a 4-6 o'clock person. Maybe if I loose some weight 2 o'clock might be more appealing to me. Hope this review is helpful. Here are some pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
Asolo,

I'm looking for something tho carry the LCP in also and am curioius about your decision to use an IWB. That 2 o'clock position looks like it prints pretty much for such a small gun...is it the position or the rig? Frankly, you don't look that heavy in the pics. Had you considered pocket carry at all? Also appreciate your input on Kydex vs leather.

#4 ·
Mackster,

I do pocket carry with cargo pants but I have found out that I have two problems:

First, because of the extra weight in the pocket, the gun will swing around in my loose cargo pocket and becomes very annoying.

Second, the pocket holster I have now is basically the same size as just about any front OR back pocket holster. When I throw the gun in my cargo pocket, it falls sideways and sometimes the gun comes out of the holster which creates 2 problems-not protecting the trigger and not being able to draw properly.

I would like to carry in my front pocket instead of the cargo pocket but have to wait till I get a better(thinner) pocket holster. I also like IWB carry especially for smaller guns. The printing you speak of appears that way because I'm turning around to try and take my picture in the mirror. I'm not heavy by any means but I could stand to lose 15 lbs. I'm 5'9" and 205 lbs. It doesn't print AT ALL. I thought that the high ride height was a bad thing but found that I wouldn't be able to grip the gun properly on a draw if it sat lower in the pants.

As far as the kydex/leather issue, I think that the kydex will wear on the LCP's finish over time probably more than a comparable leather OWB holster b/c the fit is tight-even with the tension screw loosened.

I had ordered the high noon split decision because of it's tuckable qualities but when I got it, I felt it wasn't built very well so I sent it back. I had a very hard time deciding and I think I got a good holster. I just haven't found a good leather holster that I like.

Lastly, I think I would have to add that I will put some moleskin on the back b/c the kydex can rub on you if you don't have an undershirt. I think that goes with any kydex holster.

#3 ·
I think 2:00 carry is the most effective way to conceal a small/(sub)compact handgun with a tuckable holster. I carry my G27 this way most of the times, tucked, with a hybrid Comp Tac (two clips). It does a good job.

#5 ·
asolo,
I see what you're saying on the cargo pockets. That's why I'm trying to make certain that whatever i get stays put and keeps the lcp in the right position while not printing. There seem to be a ton of different choices. Guys are mentioning the HBE leathers, the Desantis nemesis, Mikas, The RKBA (not sure what that stands for), etc.

mackster

#8 ·
I carry my LCP w/ crimson trace in my front right pocket everday in a Desantis Nemesis. I wear blue jeans everday and different brands have different pocket shapes, so some jeans work better then others. I really like this setup and the LCP for it's ease of concealment. No reason to ever go unarmed.

#9 ·
I looked at the Comp Tac sight and didn't see an option for the 2 o'clock for the LCP with the CT. Maybe you could email them and ask if they are planning to do a run with the CT laser?

In the car is no problem at all. I did try the 2 o'clock position yesterday and drove and walked the dog last night. It actually ends up being not a bad position after all:) It is so much better in that position while driving than pocket carry or any other (3-6 o'clock) because is RIGHT THERE. If you can touch your belly button while driving then you can unholster your LCP. I found out that if the holster did have a ride height adjustment, then it would sit too low for driving and interfere with my leg.

One thing I did notice as well is that this is really my first summer carrying a lot with IWB and with no undershirt, I sweat all over the gun! Guess I'll have to get used to wiping it down. I know the glocks finish can take the salt, but not so sure about the LCP. The gun sure does get wet on the hot days!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.