Little Holster Help Please.

This is a discussion on Little Holster Help Please. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, i need a little help if you wouldn't mind. I need some help finding a holster that will conceal pretty well and not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Holster Help Please.

Little Holster Help Please.

Hello all, i need a little help if you wouldn't mind. I need some help finding a holster that will conceal pretty well and not print that much with my some what small stature. I'm 6ft tall and around 170 pounds. I want an OWB holster around 330 or 4 oclock, but i don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. I have a SW40VE if that helps with any of your decisions. Thanks for the help....any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It all depends on what an "arm and a leg" is. Quality isn't cheap and you get what you pay for.

Milt Sparks
    TT Gunleather
    UBG Holsters

I'd take any one of their IWB holsters and wouldn't settle for less.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have a really nice TT Gunleather for my P250 and love it. Snap Removable Pancake
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Administrator
    HIGH NOON - BIANCHI - & GALCO have OWB holsters for your pistol.

Check out the High Noon offering.
    The Topless or also check out the Slide Guard ~~~~> Topless It's a really nicely designed holster for daily carry.

I have a left handed The Slide OWB in black 15 deg cant and 1.5" belt slots ready to go for $66 delivered.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - The Slide
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    I have a left handed The Slide OWB in black 15 deg cant and 1.5" belt slots ready to go for $66 delivered.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters - The Slide
    You're not gonna beat that offer!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Hey, don't forget to look here...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

That Side Guard sounds like a deal...and he seems like he specializes in Smith stuff...so I would jump all over it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Yes, like the others said regarding arm & leg. But, in my opinion, if concealing while wearing OWB - one needs a holster that is truly a high ride and holds close to the body. I have searched high and low and have found only one TRUE high ride holster maker C. Rusty Sherrick Custom Leather Works - Custom Concealment Holsters . Look at his US High Ride. I know most claim they have "High Ride" holsters - but I disagree. The next item is going to be your belt. If you don't already have a quality belt - then you will need one. Do a search on belts in this forum. I have a Belt Man belt and it works very well.

Here's what I ordered for my G23.

TT Gunleather

I'm afraid that you get what you pay for in holsters. Kydex can be a little cheaper but there's nothing like quality leather. Both have their place in my collection.

I presently use a CrossBreed Supertuck for my G23. I also have a TT Slim IWB for my PM9 that is sweet! Getting one of those for the G23 too.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamcop84 View Post
    Hello all, i need a little help if you wouldn't mind. I need some help finding a holster that will conceal pretty well and not print that much with my some what small stature. I'm 6ft tall and around 170 pounds. I want an OWB holster around 330 or 4 oclock, but i don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. I have a SW40VE if that helps with any of your decisions. Thanks for the help....any help would be appreciated.
    I carry a SW40VE in a Slide from Erik at Sideguard. Forum sponsor and concealed carry goodness. I usually wear a T-Shirt.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Considering cost there is a relatively new maker whose prices are about as low as one could expect. I have no personal experience, but maybe someone else has.
    Lobo Gun Leather - Model 1-SL Pancake style with Snap-Loop belt attachment

There are some decent makers who make a good holster without a long wait. One is Fist. I have bought two holsters for a J frame, and I was satisfied. They are worth a look. retsupt99 has posted the link.

The problem is that sometime one needs a holster fast, and still wants good quality. Take the recommendations and look at the sites.

Best,
    Jerry

Administrator
    Try and only suggest holsters where you know that the maker actually makes/sells a holster for the SW40VE.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Check e bay and be patient. There are usually hundreds of holsters listed. It is a must to look be brand name--ie Bianchi holsters and then scan many. Maybe your approach will eliminate much of my wasted time.
    Be pateint..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links