Debating On Which Holster For The New 1911 - Page 2

Debating On Which Holster For The New 1911

This is a discussion on Debating On Which Holster For The New 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Reborn Rafter Holsters Holsters Feel free to check them out then read this thread right here before you place a order. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...er-merged.html...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debating On Which Holster For The New 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Rafter Holsters
    Holsters
    Feel free to check them out then read this thread right here before you place a order.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...er-merged.html

I carry a fs 1911 daily. I have had different holsters IWB, OWB, sholder holster, etc. I ordered a Comptac. The first was for an XD 45 full size. Love the holster. Then I ordered a Comtac for my 1911.

After wearing the 1911 and Comptac combo I thought that something was wrong because the XD snapped into place in its Comptac. I thought that my 1911 Comptac was not doing its job.

After looking it over and adjusting the tention I came to realize that the tention of the holsters leather against my body, my belt and the adjustment of tention I made on the holster, the gun is very secure. I wear the Comptac daily.

The guys on this site know holsters. Good luck.
    Keep your powder dry

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    I would look at Crossbreed, Purekustom Black Ops, to begin with. If and when I get the money saved I'll be getting a holster from Rocky from Purekustom.

But thats just me there are many great holster makers out there in which to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    The Black Ops from Pure Kustom is a true convertible holster, inside or outside the waistband. It was designed that way, not just some modified existing model. Most of us have two holsters per gun. With the Black Ops, you only need one. Quality is top notch, and no long wait times.
    Pure kustom Holsters main page
    Thanks for the Props guys.

Rocky

I have a c-tac for mine, It's a little hard on the finish over time, Probably no worse than leather. Key is to keep the grime out of the holster.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Buy with 100% confidence from this man! I have 5 of his holsters and they are top quality and will last a lifetime. Was going to sell my HBE DC Special for my Springer but thought better of it even though I'm now packing a H&K P7.

You will not regret buying from Eric!

http://www.imageseek.com/hbeleather/

Here's the DC Special, Com III and Pro TL for my 36, all HBE's.

Pro TL - Best holster I've ever carried my partner with

DC Special and 1990 Springer Standard (same as your Mil-Spec with a few mod's)

HBE COM III - Fantastic holster! Sold it as I wanted to keep my 77 HP Pristine

77 BHP tuned for action - Bought for 200 something when I first went to work in the Jensie coal mine in Ohio in 1977. Had to show it off as it's my favorite and first Semi.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say any one maker or one holster is the answer for you...everyone has opinions on what the best holster is..and it very likely is the best holster for them.

What I would look for is a quality maker and the style that suits your needs.

Given the weight/size of the weapon...most people tend to go for the offset loop style IWB...meaning the loops are on both sides of the gun. This makes it more stable, carries the weight better and is thinner than other designs.

Make sure it has a body shield to keep the hammer/b-tail away from you...just for your comfort.

Materials are many and there are many great makers and designs out there.
    Get recommendations from whomever you trust and weigh your choices....

Thats the best I can do............God bless
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; June 19th, 2009 at 08:37 PM.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

It has been said before, but it is really a matter of taste and how the holster fits the contours of your own body, and how much time and money you want to invest. I'm kinda old school, and have a nice Don Hume leather IWB for my daily carry 1911 Government Model. It is not fancy, but it clips securely and fits anywhere from 2:00 to 5:00 on a good belt. I picked up the holster at a gun show and have been happy with it ever since, but I am not a LEO so my standards and requirements are not as rigorous as those folks. The holster girl gave me a nice tip to "take some gun oil and oil up the inside of it" and then put the piece in the holster.

Desantis Speed Scabbards are very nice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TomChemEngin View Post
    It has been said before, but it is really a matter of taste and how the holster fits the contours of your own body, and how much time and money you want to invest. I'm kinda old school, and have a nice Don Hume leather IWB for my daily carry 1911 Government Model. It is not fancy, but it clips securely and fits anywhere from 2:00 to 5:00 on a good belt. I picked up the holster at a gun show and have been happy with it ever since, but I am not a LEO so my standards and requirements are not as rigorous as those folks. The holster girl gave me a nice tip to "take some gun oil and oil up the inside of it" and then put the piece in the holster.
    I would NOT take holster girls advice and oil up ANY well made holster either inside or outside. Perfect way to ruin a quality holster. Do nothing but wipe mine down on the outside with a damp cloth and call it quits.

Oil the weapon, not the holster.

Regards,

SG

Molon Labe!

I am another one who has to say that Pure Kustom's Black ops is the only way to go....I bought it as an OWB thinking the IWB would be cool to try sometimes...I have never carried it OWB...love carrying it IWB...most comfortable holster I have ever worn....and Rocky is a top notch guy to deal with and I bet ya he has one already made up.... so the waiting won't be an issue.... Robbie

Smile

Now for the good news. You will probably acquire somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 holsters until you decide what you like best. I have one on order for my 1911 from the following. NM Holsters - Home

Looks like a well made holster and gets good reviews. Will I give it a good review? Only time will tell.

I have found that the Kydex (plastic) holsters do wear the guns surface much more that does leather, especially if it is a blued or parkerized finish.

Armydad

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    I would NOT take holster girls advice and oil up ANY well made holster either inside or outside. Perfect way to ruin a quality holster. Do nothing but wipe mine down on the outside with a damp cloth and call it quits.

Oil the weapon, not the holster.

Regards,

SG
    Yep, SG, you're right... but Holster Girl was pretty cute and, well, when a cute girl tells you to oil up her holster you just can't tell her no... but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by TomChemEngin View Post
    Yep, SG, you're right... but Holster Girl was pretty cute and, well, when a cute girl tells you to oil up her holster you just can't tell her no... but I digress.
    Nothing like a pretty holster girl and oil to make a man feel younger Tom

Went through the same deal at Sturgis bike week with a couple of "Camel Girls". Bought 2 cartons of smokes. Pics did not go over good upon my safe return home and my wife kindly developed the rolls of film with me smothered between two beautiful, curvy blondes.

Regards,

Roger
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; June 20th, 2009 at 10:51 PM.

Molon Labe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links