Defensive Carry banner

Clip holster for J Frame Appendix Carry...

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  PrimalScream 
#1 ·
I need suggestions for an appendix carry holster that attaches with a clip. Leather is probably my first choice, but I'll look at synthetics as well.

Please reply with any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

sh00ter:smile:

#4 · (Edited)

The 2 O'clock Carry is a holster made by comp-tac for appendix carry. The gun in the pic is a Ruger SP-101 bu the holster can just as well be made for a small J-frame.

It has a clip that attaches to your belt and offers a very safe, secure, concealable, platform. Intended for IWB carry it is quite easily concealed but does best when you are wearing a good gun belt.

I sure do recommend this as a CC apendix carry holster.

#14 ·
I've been appendix carrying my KELTEK-P11 in my High-Noon Hidden Ally lately....It's the most confortable IWB holster I've ever worn.

HIDDEN ALLY

In this picture I'm trying to disguise the black clip with a staniless steel split ring key chain

T.
:wave:

#16 ·
I know you already sent for a holster, but if you don't like it, or if someone else is reading this thread looking for info...

I carry a Smith 649 revolver. And, unfortunately, I am not a petite woman. :gah:

I have range of motion issues with my arms, and must carry appendix to about 2:30.

I use two holsters. Both by Eric Larson of HBE Leatherworks. He also made my belt.

I use his pancake OWB when I go walking my dog. I go to one park where it's pretty good hike... lots of up and down hills. I normally carry at about 1:30-2 o'clock and the IWB one pokes me when walking uphill. It's a challenge though using the OWB one. I am very short. So I have to find a long shirt to make sure the end of the muzzle and holster stay covered... and it's hard to find long shirts for summer.

The latest one I have is my favorite. It's IWB, with clip. I can just slip it on and off, but it's not all that easy - it fits very tight, over jeans and his thick belt. I wish though, I had it with a bit more cant, as I find I need to twist it a bit to get the grip to sit just right above my jeans. This is his "Pro" model.

It's concealed my 649 very, very well.... (I need to figure out how to link to photos here!)

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.