Crossbreed supertuck adjustment question

This is a discussion on Crossbreed supertuck adjustment question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if any of you guys who own a crossbreed supertuck had to adjust the holster for ride depth or cant? Or was ...

Thread: Crossbreed supertuck adjustment question

I was wondering if any of you guys who own a crossbreed supertuck had to adjust the holster for ride depth or cant? Or was the holster "perfect" without any adjustments. If you did have to adjust the holster, what adjustments did you have to make and how did you make them? I'm interested in your answers and thanks in advance.

Adjustments for the Crossbreed

You can use a Phillips' screwdriver to loosen the screws fastening the belt clips to the leather. I adjusted, basically moved, the belt clips to different holes to move the "cant" or angle of the gun. The clip in front of the holister is moved to the top hole and the clip behind the holister is moved to the bottom hole. When you place the Crossbreed on your belt, the gun will be angled forward. This also helps not to "print" the handle of the gun under a large t-shirt. Hope this helps, very comfortable setup!!!

I also changed the cant from the factory position. Wear it for a while and don't hesitate to change it up until you find what's optimal for you.

I changed the cant on mine. I move the front clip up one hole and moved the backclip down one hole. Comfortable and works perfect. Just play with it and it will be awesome.

I only moved the front clip on mine up one hole to cant the gun butt forward.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Quote Originally Posted by Stealie View Post
    I only moved the front clip on mine up one hole to cant the gun butt forward.
    I just got mine and was wondering how to adjust the cant, then I read your post.
    DOH!

I'm interested in the Supertuck as well. Looking at the photos on their website, I don't see adjustment holes in their clips. (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/de...erid=-1&mid=-1) I know they changed their clip design a while back, so are the pictured clips the old ones?

Anyone have any pictures of the new adjustable clips?

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    The adjustment holes are in the leather behind the clips so you can't see them from the front. Sorry I can't honestly answer your question about the clip design. If you decide to buy one I don't think you will be disappointed. Hope this helps.
    SCGunLover1

EW3
    The Supertuck is easy to adjust with a Philips screwdriver. I did it for both of my Supertucks in a few minutes.

You will need to adjust to your liking; both cant and depth, as everyone has a different shape and preference where they will have the gun on them. I like mine at almost 5 oclock.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

A quick and easy way to get a idea of how it will ride is to put the holster on a table. Undo the screws and remove the clips. Put the clips on your belt and see what looks the best to you for cant and height. Remount clips and try it out.
    It gives a ball park idea how it will be. Only minimal adjustments after that.

DCT
    I tighten the screws down pretty tight on my clips, but I can still rotate the clips a bit to give me the comfort I need. I do it fairly often so as to switch from v-clips or the standard metal clips. I use the v-clips for heavier guns (Sig / Kimber), but the metal clips for lighter guns (PPS / G27) or when wearing shorts.
    ** Sig P229 (9mm / .40) w/ CT / Walther PPS / Glock 27 / Kimber CDP Pro II **

I adjusted my crossbreed and now I understand why everyone loves this holster, it conceals my full size M&P40 great and feels very comfortable. Thanks for all of your guys posts.

Sponsored Links