Thinking about trying a different tuckable with my G33.

This is a discussion on Thinking about trying a different tuckable with my G33. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Max Con V but want a single clip, tuckable option that I can take off and put on easily. I already have ...

Thread: Thinking about trying a different tuckable with my G33.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar

Thinking about trying a different tuckable with my G33.

I have a Max Con V but want a single clip, tuckable option that I can take off and put on easily. I already have a few High Noon Split Decisions for other guns and like them especially for the price but I don't like the large belt clip (I usually wear a 1.25" elephant Beltman). Two that I'm looking at are the Galco Ultra Deep Cover and the Skyops. What's everyone's preference between the two if you have tried them both? I like the clip design on the Skyops better. I'm also going to checkout the FIST K4 with possibly a velcro clip. I'm wondering how stable that clip will be though with my little G33? I have two FIST K5 pocket holsters and am very happy with the ultra thin kydex. One has the ultrasuede option which is really nice for retention in the pocket (plus it looks cool).

Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Ads

If you already have experienced the Fist pocket holster and the advantage of their 'thumb push', you are way ahead of those who have no understanding about how effective that thumb push makes the holster.
    The Fist holsters are top notch. If you call Fist, they will even help you 'make' a tuckable that will suit your 'likes'...give 'em a call.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you already have experienced the Fist pocket holster and the advantage of their 'thumb push', you are way ahead of those who have no understanding about how effective that thumb push makes the holster.
    The Fist holsters are top notch. If you call Fist, they will even help you 'make' a tuckable that will suit your 'likes'...give 'em a call.
    Thanks retsupt,

Yes, I do like the thumb push but didn't realize they do it (or can do it) on a K4. Now, I'm liking the idea of a K4 w/ultrasuede and a thumb push. That basically comes in around the same price as the Skyops anyway.

Can anyone chime in on the single velcro clip and stability on the FIST? I thought I read a post from long ago that said because of the screw hole position (can be seen above the belt) on the FIST clips that it negates some of the velcro (and other clips) concealability. FIST sure offers a lot of different clip styles. What's everyone's favorite that offers good stability, ease of taking off and putting on and concealability? I'm going to give them a call but would rather have my ducks in a row some beforehand so I don't keep them on the phone all day.

Edit: It looks like I can only get different clips on the K8. I won't have the 'screws showing on top of the belt' problem with the K4 clip but I don't think there is a velcro option available, only the J clip. Anybody know the differences between the K4 and K8 besides the style of clips available? Can I get a forward cant on the K4?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Wasabi; June 20th, 2009 at 05:45 PM.

Bingo. I found the K4 velcro clip option:
    Untitled Document

I think this holster w/velcro clip, the body protector and ultrasuede upgrade is the ticket. I'm still worried about how stable it's going to be but it sure looks like a good option when I need maximum concealment and can't pocket carry.

I just wanted to update my own thread (since I can't edit it) for those who may be facing the same decision. There is a K4A available (adjustable cantable version) and FIST says skip the thumb break (pricey option). Also, I should be good stabilitywise with the single velcro clip (I'll mostly be wearing a 1.5" beltman with this holster) at 4-5 o'clock. On the K4(A), the clip screws won't be showing on top either like with other clips. As for the body protector, they said it's a popular option and while I usually wear a wife beater underneath, I'm going to get it as it's not an expensive upgrade. Even though it's a more pricey option ($25 extra), I'm going with ultrasuede again. I love it on my K5 pocket holster as it is great for helping retention, supposedly helps with any possible kydex cracking down the road and again, just looks cool.

All in all, I think I'll finally have my ultimate holster.

Links