Help! Holster for HK P2000SK

This is a discussion on Help! Holster for HK P2000SK within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greeting everyone, need some guidance on an IWB holster for an HK P2000 SK. I would prefer a tuckable holster as well. Any feedback is ...

Thread: Help! Holster for HK P2000SK

Help! Holster for HK P2000SK

Greeting everyone, need some guidance on an IWB holster for an HK P2000 SK. I would prefer a tuckable holster as well. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome to CC

Well - probably all our holster makers can help - so hang in there and with luck there will be some feedback.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Galco makes a great IWB and hi ride belt /pancake holster..especially for that little gun
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I would look up Brommeland, http://brommelandgunleather.com/ Gary shows that he makes them for HK's Full and Compact. I am sure he with satisfy your needs, Gary has great products.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

if you happen to be left handed..I have a virtually new...High Noon slideguard for an HK P2000

Quote Originally Posted by edavisjr
    Greeting everyone, need some guidance on an IWB holster for an HK P2000 SK. I would prefer a tuckable holster as well. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Good luck on finding one. They say the p2000 and p2000sk are interchangable but I can not confirm that. Galco does not even list one for a p2000sk last time I looked. I ordered a Cochise Defender from K&D but it has not come yet.

I have a 2000SK. Holsters are hard to find, but not impossible to find like they were 8 months ago when the gun was new! I would recommend KD Holsters or Milt Sparks. Either one is a few weeks wait, and both places make tuckable IWB models specifically for the SK. I have a Milt Spark watch-6 (like their Versa-Max but not tuckable and a bit thinner), and a KD Holsters OWB model. I have a KD IWB tuckable for another gun, it's a fantastic holster.

The SK will fit in P2000 holsters, but you'll have 3/4" or so of "dead space" beyond the end of the barrel. This may or may not be an issue depending on the holster design.

If the holster is well molded an SK will not perfectly fit a standard full-size 2000 holster. I cannot use a 2000 to make a 2000SK holster and just shorten it. The trigger-guard configuration is completely different. The full-size 2000 uses an HK USP-C trigger-guard, and will fit in some HK USP-C holsters if they will accomodate the extra width of the ambi-slide-release not found on the USP. The 2000 SK uses a full-size USP trigger-guard configuration which is longer and broader than the 2000/USP-C trigger guard. I think firearms manufacturers do this just to piss off holster-makers, so we can't use a full-size pistol to make a compact holster and just shorten the holster, and have to purchase a completely different mold gun. I don't know what's in it for them since they don't make or supply the mold guns we use; but I suspect they're sitting back and quietly laughing their asses off at us!
    Anyway, I personally really like both versions of the pistol, and am making any of my holsters designs for both. Recently holsters for either version have been very popular and in demand.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Thanks for the feedback, I was able to get Fist Inc. to do a holster for my P 2000 SK. I went with their secrect systems 2 in kydex.

New Member Array nemesisinthe707's Avatar
    If you ever decide to go with a leather IWB the Versa Max II by Milt Sparks is great holster. You may have to wait, but you won't be disapointed...I just ordered one for my USPc .40.

If you are looking at milt sparks check out www.lightningarms.com

They may have what you want. $20 more but you won't have to endure th 18 month wait. Good luck...let us know how you make out.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

If ya decide to try leather try out some from KD even if he dont list it he will probley be able to make it for you

Links