Need a good holster for my new Colt Commander - Page 2

Need a good holster for my new Colt Commander

This is a discussion on Need a good holster for my new Colt Commander within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sometimes carry a SA LW Compact. I wear shirts with the tails out most of the time. A good pancake holster like the I-BAK ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a good holster for my new Colt Commander

I sometimes carry a SA LW Compact. I wear shirts with the tails out most of the time. A good pancake holster like the I-BAK or similar holds the gun close to the body, and I have not had a problem concealing the gun.
    A difference is that the Commander has a full size grip as opposed to the Officers size in the Compact. The grip is the problem with a 1911 and concealment.

It is important to get a cant that has the grip as much along the vertical axis of your body as reasonable. While the IWB would conceal better in some ways I find the OWB more comfortable and not a problem to conceal if I dress around the gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

Best IWB I've ever purchased and I have two and getting at least one more. This is not just Kydex, it is leather lined. Just an amazing holster.
    Kydex Holsters | Tucker Gun Leather & Kydex Holsters
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Check out pureKustoms.com the Black Ops is both an IWB/OWB and has an adjustable cant. I wear mine with khaki's or cargo shorts and a t-shirt, polo or button down shirt with no problem. Plus, the turn around time is a lot shorter than most others
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I just ordered a holster from Tucker gun leather called "The Secret". Got a feeling this is going to be a nice holster.

Here's another update.

I got an email today saying that Nate at UBG holsters was requesting a payment, so I guess that means he will start making it soon!

I'll post pics when it arrives...
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    To those of you who carry commander size 1911's, how well do they conceal in summer clothes?
    I carry a gov't 1911 easily under summer apparel. So your commander should be just as easy (the grip is the same size)

If you are looking for a good OWB holster check out Mitch Rosen. I have models from his full detail and express line and they are my favorite. The express line models come in quick and they are just as high quality as the full detail models. The only difference is the looks.

Rhome Desbien made this one for mine (well its a Defender but still) ....

Recommending a Milt Sparks Summer Special II for a Colt Commander is like suggesting a leggy redhead wear a short skirt. It's a GREAT idea & I'm so GLAD I suggested it!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Milt Sparks holsters | gun-holster.com You can buy holster from all the good brands here everyday...I have a dozen Milt Sparks holsters,and never waited more than a few days for one...2 summer special 2's for 5 inch 1911,3 VM2s for 5 inch 1911's,2 black,1 cordovan,for full siz 5 inch 1911,1 cordvan,with shark, trim,Axiom for 5inch 1911,1black,with black shark trim Axiom for Commander4 1/4.1 black with shark trim VM2 for Commander,1 Axiom Cordvan with Black trim for 5 inch 1911,and 2 VM2's for my glock 27's 1 black 1 brown, and many more.... have a closet and drawer full of holsters,over 2 grand worth...believe me go mto that site,and look around youll find what you want..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links