Looking for a good holster

This is a discussion on Looking for a good holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TucAzRider But even TT has a 3-4 month wait?? Is there any company that has them made and ready to be shipped ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a good holster

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    But even TT has a 3-4 month wait?? Is there any company that has them made and ready to be shipped that has good quality??
    TT has some in stock. So does Mitch Rosen (the Express line), as does HBE Leatherworks. Generally the high-end places do not have extensive stock, especially for relatively obscure or new gun models.

If you have to have a holster RIGHT NOW, you can:

1. Try the places I mentioned, and a few others, to see if they happen to have something in stock.
    2. Try the holster resellers like Lightning Arms, Coal Creek, etc, and see what they have -- note that you'll pay a premium this way.
    3. Try eBay -- there's a surprising number of holsters in stock at various sites.
    4. Scour the larger gun boards Want Ad sections.
    5. Get something from Galco, with the notion that you'll eventually upgrade and sell the Galco later on. Galco does have "good" quality, though they are mass produced.

If you're willing to wait 2 or 3 weeks, Mitch Rosen Express and Kramer can usually turn around an order in that amount of time.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    Only problem with Kramer is they dont make it for the XDm. They are GREAT holsters, but since they dont make it (at least they dont have it listed on their website, I havent called and asked) for the XDm they are a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

TT Gunleather makes a pancake holster for SA XDM:

Pancake holster

....I see TT has explicitly modeled their OWB after the Alessi CQC, which is IMO the very best pancake holster design made.
    This is a total hit! Found my new holster. How long are they taking?

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Hope it is OK, but I recently bought a Mitch Rosen Premier Express snap loop OWB holster on ebay. The seller has a good stock of some, and they sell for less. The one I bought sells for $90, but she sells it for $75 incl shipping.
    If interested go to ebay and type in Mitch Rosen. The seller is jenniferjean2 and has 100% with 1230 transactions. She also has a lot of Galco. FWIW

While the Express line is not equal to his best, or Milt Sparks, it is well made without the detailed boning, and holds the gun tightly as it should. I am pleased with it while I wait for an Alessi CQC/S.

Regarding Milt Sparks, his VM2 is the most popular it seems, but my favorite IWB of all I have seen or tried is his Executives Companion, and I also have and really like his I-BAK and Axiom (both OWB). I think if one can stand the wait, considering his 5 months wait, top notch quality, and fair pricing Sparks may just be the best buy out there.

Regards,
    Jerry

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Wait time........

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    This is a total hit! Found my new holster. How long are they taking?
    Last I heard TT was taking about 16 weeks. You might also try thetennesseeholstercompany.com. They make a very interesting holster that can be worn IWB, OWB, CD. It's adjustable for cant and they deliver in a week. Best thing, they make it for the XDM.
    Tell them Herbstnebel sent you.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Just about any holster will eventually wear the finish off the gun, but from what I found the Blackhawk Serpa holsters I have for my G19 hardly touch the slide at all. They don't conceal that well, but wear on the slide will be slowed.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Hope it is OK, but I recently bought a Mitch Rosen Premier Express snap loop OWB holster on ebay. The seller has a good stock of some, and they sell for less. The one I bought sells for $90, but she sells it for $75 incl shipping.
    If interested go to ebay and type in Mitch Rosen. The seller is jenniferjean2 and has 100% with 1230 transactions. She also has a lot of Galco. FWIW

While the Express line is not equal to his best, or Milt Sparks, it is well made without the detailed boning, and holds the gun tightly as it should. I am pleased with it while I wait for an Alessi CQC/S.

Regarding Milt Sparks, his VM2 is the most popular it seems, but my favorite IWB of all I have seen or tried is his Executives Companion, and I also have and really like his I-BAK and Axiom (both OWB). I think if one can stand the wait, considering his 5 months wait, top notch quality, and fair pricing Sparks may just be the best buy out there.

Regards,
    Jerry
    +1 on this seller...bought from her before...large selection, especially if you are a lefty.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links