This is a discussion on Looking for a good holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TucAzRider But even TT has a 3-4 month wait?? Is there any company that has them made and ready to be shipped ...
If you have to have a holster RIGHT NOW, you can:
1. Try the places I mentioned, and a few others, to see if they happen to have something in stock.
2. Try the holster resellers like Lightning Arms, Coal Creek, etc, and see what they have -- note that you'll pay a premium this way.
3. Try eBay -- there's a surprising number of holsters in stock at various sites.
4. Scour the larger gun boards Want Ad sections.
5. Get something from Galco, with the notion that you'll eventually upgrade and sell the Galco later on. Galco does have "good" quality, though they are mass produced.
If you're willing to wait 2 or 3 weeks, Mitch Rosen Express and Kramer can usually turn around an order in that amount of time.
Hope it is OK, but I recently bought a Mitch Rosen Premier Express snap loop OWB holster on ebay. The seller has a good stock of some, and they sell for less. The one I bought sells for $90, but she sells it for $75 incl shipping.
If interested go to ebay and type in Mitch Rosen. The seller is jenniferjean2 and has 100% with 1230 transactions. She also has a lot of Galco. FWIW
While the Express line is not equal to his best, or Milt Sparks, it is well made without the detailed boning, and holds the gun tightly as it should. I am pleased with it while I wait for an Alessi CQC/S.
Regarding Milt Sparks, his VM2 is the most popular it seems, but my favorite IWB of all I have seen or tried is his Executives Companion, and I also have and really like his I-BAK and Axiom (both OWB). I think if one can stand the wait, considering his 5 months wait, top notch quality, and fair pricing Sparks may just be the best buy out there.
Tell them Herbstnebel sent you.
"First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
Edge of Darkness
Just about any holster will eventually wear the finish off the gun, but from what I found the Blackhawk Serpa holsters I have for my G19 hardly touch the slide at all. They don't conceal that well, but wear on the slide will be slowed.
USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!