Looking for a good holster

This is a discussion on Looking for a good holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For years I have been using a cheep kydex paddle holster in the winter. The kydex rubs off the blueing on my guns. This year ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For years I have been using a cheep kydex paddle holster in the winter. The kydex rubs off the blueing on my guns. This year I plan on changing it up a bit.

What holster would you all recomend for OWB for a Springfield XDm? That is what I carry. Its not as easy as you might think. Many manufactures out there dont make holsters for that gun. I have been looking. I have checked Fist, Kramer, UBG, etc.

I am looking for either a good quality carbon fiber like the Blackhawk ( I have heard they dont rub the bluing off as easy) one, or a leather belt holster or somthing. I am looking for GOOD QUALITY and price doesnt matter when it comes to my guns! Thanks!

Aren't they almost exactly the same as the XD? If so, just order your holster based off an XD, everybody makes holsters for it.

Only difference I see is the XDM says "XDM" on the grip.

Don Hume makes a really nice all leather OWB holster for XDs for less than 40 bucks. Check their website.

Fess

If you can't find it here (except for the fancy elephant, gator, and eel stuff), they don't make it...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    Aren't they almost exactly the same as the XD? If so, just order your holster based off an XD, everybody makes holsters for it.

They are not the same. XDM'S are longer and the slide is shaped differently.

Check out the above poster's work...it's amazing.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post

About the only thing simiular about the XD and the XDm is the name. The XDm is based off the orginial XD, but that is where it stops. The biggest difference that I am having a problem with is barrel length. The XDm has a 4.5in and the XD has everything but. Looking at a picture like this, you cant really tell all the differences.

Administrator
    In most cases a high quality leather OWB coupled with a good gun belt will pull the gun in closer to the body than a Kydex and for sure a bit closer than a Blackhawk.
    Shop for a holster that cants the firearm forward at least 15 or 20 degrees for better conceal-ability.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

For wonderful "off the shelf" quality and ready availability...I find it hard to match Galco...Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

After that Retsupts fav FIST is always a good choice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

TT Gunleather makes a pancake holster for SA XDM:

Pancake holster

....I see TT has explicitly modeled their OWB after the Alessi CQC, which is IMO the very best pancake holster design made.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you can't find it here (except for the fancy elephant, gator, and eel stuff), they don't make it...

HOLSTERS
    FIST is oddly underrated....maybe because they never try to establish a presence on these boards. FIST and TT Gunleather and Mitch Rosen's EXP series fill a much-needed niche, in between the mass-produced Galcos and Don Humes of the world on one hand, and the year+ wait times for the boutique companies on the other.

You can get a high quality, hand-made holster or belt or accessory for very reasonable money, in a reasonably short amount of time, with no shenanigans. Nowadays, any of those 3 sources are my go-to place for a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    FIST is oddly underrated....maybe because they never try to establish a presence on these boards. FIST and TT Gunleather and Mitch Rosen's EXP series fill a much-needed niche, in between the mass-produced Galcos and Don Humes of the world on one hand, and the year+ wait times for the boutique companies on the other.

You can get a high quality, hand-made holster or belt or accessory for very reasonable money, in a reasonably short amount of time, with no shenanigans. Nowadays, any of those 3 sources are my go-to place for a holster.
    I agree and I like my #12 for a J frame, but Milt Sparks wait is about 5 months. If one has the time, Sparks is probably the best deal considering waiting time, quality, and price.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I agree and I like my #12 for a J frame, but Milt Sparks wait is about 5 months. If one has the time, Sparks is probably the best deal considering waiting time, quality, and price.
    ...depends what you're looking for, I think. For example, MS is mostly about IWB, and though their OWB are nice too, MS doesn't have the same kind of Alessi-styled pancake as TT Gunleather. And neither company has the wide range of adjustable and different-shaped holsters as FIST. Also TT and Mitch Rosen Express have a fair amount in stock.

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

My point is that it's a mistake to think your only choices are to wait a year and possibly deal with a lot of flim flam from one-person shops ... or... order a Galco. There's a lot of good options in between.

"I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    . And neither company has the wide range of adjustable and different-shaped holsters as FIST. Also TT and Mitch Rosen Express have a fair amount in stock.

But even TT has a 3-4 month wait?? Is there any company that has them made and ready to be shipped that has good quality??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links