Supertuck migrates to comfort spot question

This is a discussion on Supertuck migrates to comfort spot question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been wearing my Supertuck for a couple weeks now and I have been noticing something. Unless I cinch up my belt so tight ...

Thread: Supertuck migrates to comfort spot question

Supertuck migrates to comfort spot question

I have been wearing my Supertuck for a couple weeks now and I have been noticing something. Unless I cinch up my belt so tight that it is uncomfortable the holster migrates to a spot over my kidney. It is quite comfortable there so it really isn't that big of a deal. I just have to practice drawing from that position and perhaps change the cant. Has anyone else experienced any migration from their holsters? I normally wear a 100% cotton undershirt.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Can you get velcro clips for a Supertuck? That may help. I use them on my MTAC and Dakota Defender and they don't move around on my belt at all.

I do not know if I can get the velcro clips. I am back to wearing my leather belt until I get my 1 1/2" Instructor's belt to replace the 1 3/4" belt that didn't work with all of my pants. That may help a bit since it better fills the inside of the clips. Now if I can only sell the other instructor's belt. Money is tight as it is.

CC over the kidney is VERY comfortable, and that is why I changed to this carry...

FIST, INC.

The picture is a little misleading...I do not use this holster over my spine, but rather over the right kidney at about 5:00. The palm out draw make presentation of the weapon much easier...position your own hand for the draw and you'll see how much easier is is with your 'palm out'. I do not believe that one is sweeping the body any more with either draw...your original, or this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I've never had any migration with my supertuck, but I like a tight belt.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Supertuck Moves

Ya know, Chains, I've noticed the same thing. I've had mine for 4+ months, worn daily, and it wants to move around to a certain spot. I'm guessing it's a function of the relatively inflexible kydex settling in behind my hip bone.

Solution? for me, it was changing brand/style of jeans. Faded Glory have a belt loop almost in the middle of the back and allowed the holster travel. Wrangler jeans have a belt loop about the middle of the rear pocket. Putting the Supertuck clips just ahead of this belt loop acted as a stop, and the holster stays right wear I prefer it. So you might experiment with the belt loop "stop" position and/or different brands of pants.
    HTH

-jb

I also had the same thing until i did my own combat cut to the leather. with slightly less leather it conforms better (@3:00) and stays without any problem.

Well Wranglers are my preferred brand but since it is summertime I do not get to wear them as often. Thank you everyone for your input and personal experiences.

maybe it is too late, but you can order clips from crossbreed with velcro on them and they can also sell you a belt with velcro on the inside to work with the clips

Links