Someone wasn't thinking

This is a discussion on Someone wasn't thinking within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You know how hard it would be to draw these full size 1911's out of that holster being that they are straight up and down? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone wasn't thinking

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Someone wasn't thinking

You know how hard it would be to draw these full size 1911's out of that holster being that they are straight up and down? And they want $119 for it???????? The scarry thing is someone will proboly buy it.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=45161639

2. Remove Ads

Holsters like that have been posted here before there was a better looking one for about 69$

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Holsters like that have been posted here before there was a better looking one for about 69$
    Never said they have never been posted, only that we haven't seen one that the pistols sit straight up and down. So, this would make it really hard to draw these pistols from this holster.

The name of the holster tells all. The original world famous NEW YORK RELOAD holster!

frankmako

no there was one before that sit straight up and down i was just saying the other posted was cheeper..lol

los
    I think there's enormous potential of sustaining a self inflicting wound by accidently discharging the weapons as the guns are drawn up and swung by the body.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los
    I think there's enormous potential of sustaining a self inflicting wound by accidently discharging the weapons as the guns are drawn up and swung by the body.
    Thats if they could get them out the holster. Reach behing your back and pull straight up, how far can you go? I would have to bout bend over to clear leather with taht rig.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    Thats if they could get them out the holster. Reach behing your back and pull straight up, how far can you go? I would have to bout bend over to clear leather with taht rig.
    They'd have to develope a new way of shooting. Like perhaps bending into a 90 degree angle and turning around as to "moon" the target or the perp, and shoot from that position. If the projectiles don't get them, they'll probably die of laughter!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Senior Moderator
    Mall Ninjas everywhere are digging through their mothers' purses, trying to find the credit cards as we type....

Matt

Senior Moderator
    This may bring us to a whole new level in Competition-level Negligent Discharges. Through the miracle of this new technology, it is now possible to really botch a draw and shoot yourself in the a$$ twice in the same incident!

Imagine the possibilities...

Matt

Assistant Administrator
    Had to be have been made for Bruce Willis!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member
    its like the one Nicholas Cage used in "Faceoff" but I can't remember if his had more of a v shape or not...definitely hard for me to draw out of!
    RKBA

John

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    If I remember correctly I saw this set up before and they were made as a deep concealment or back up, for some DEA or some other outfit. Certainly not your everyday rig.

I'm not agreeing with the concept what-so-ever, but if you look at the way the holsters are cut and constructed, you really don't have to draw any further than the top of the belt-line; not to the very top of the holster. The holster is completely open behind the trigger-guard, so once the end of the muzzle reaches the height of the trigger-guard opening, the pistols can be angled down and outward to complete the draw. The gun does not have to be lifted to the top of the holster near the rear sight as it would seem. Many years ago I made a similar rig for a Drug-task Force officer I knew, and probably wouldn't have made it if I wasn't well aquainted with him. It was for a pair of Glock 19s. I am completely against a reverse-twist or calvary draw as on the pictured holster, so I angled the pistols opposite of whats shown, with the muzzles pointing inboard and the grips pointing up. The two grips actually formed a triangle and the front corners of the mag base-plates touched when the pistols were holstered unworn. They separated slightly when worn since the rig was conformed around the body under belt pressure. I used four belt contact points for stabilty; two belt slots on either side of the pistols as on the rig pictured, and two belt tunnels on the rear of the holster; one behind each gun. It was quite a project and took a lot of dead cow. $119.00 is not a bad price considering the amount of leather alone.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Mark, that's sorta like the story on this hoster, ( if it's the same one ) wish I could remember where I saw it before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links